I N T R O |

Romani Farrah.

Sitting at the dinner table with my Mom Sherry, brother Messiah and baby sister Dalila eating a hot meal Mom prepared for us.

Ever since Dad got locked up, it's been awkward.

"Uh, Mom. I got a 96 on my earth science post test." Messiah said breaking the silence.

My mom was feeding Baby 'Lila. "That's great son, go get ready for school, you guys."

Getting up, I grabbed the plates, emptied them out and slid them in the dishwasher.

"Thank you, hun." Mom said kissing my forehead.

I smiled and walked to my room.

Picking out my outfit, crème spaghetti strap, a black, crème and pink Aztec Cardigan with some black high-waisted skinny jeans with my pink sandals.

Fixing my curly hair, I grabbed my bag and started my day.

_____

Making my way to my locker, my best friend Jasmine walked up to my locker.

"Hey. How ya holding up?" She asked referring to my father's situation.

I grabbed my Chemistry B textbook and closed my locker.

Looking at her, thinking about avoiding the conversation. But, there's no point. She won't let me go around it.

"I'm good." I said faking a smile and walking away.

She grabbed onto my shoulder, stopping me.

She gave me a look that is undescribable.

"Come on now Ro. And how ya mom and brother holding up? My mom said if you guys need a chill out spot, our house is open."