Chapter 2

Miraal closed the dressing room door behind her, her hands on the door, she kept looking at the closed door that separated her from her newly wed husband. The gentleness and the care that he showed was a revelation for her. She always thought of Taimoor as some stubborn guy, who is full of himself. However, the worry in his eyes when she was hurt says otherwise. Maybe she doesn't know him. That's the thing about arranged marriages; she could've easily talked to him before wedding to develop an understanding. But she saw it as something useless. He was written in her naseeb (fate) , communicating her thoughts with him would not have changed her naseeb, in fact he was her naseeb.

She slowly unpinned her dupatta and her heavy lehenga. She put it in it's designated cover and hung it . All her personal items and clothes were stacked properly in the dressing room by her mother and Rafiya, Taimoor's sister and her sweet little paternal cousin.

Removing the amount of pins on her head was a strenuous task. A pin pulled on her strand when she was removing it causing her to shriek. Taimoor who has sitting at his bed got worried and ran towards the closed door.

*knocking*

"Miraal? are you okay?"
"Yyess it's just a pin"
"Let me help you??"

Her eyes widened. She was in her innerwear and already discarded her lehenga. She put on a white rob that was just below her knees in haste and opened the door.

Taimoor's eyes immediately fell on her exposed legs, slowly moving upwards towards her face. He was scanning her and his bewildered expression made her face heat up.

"I..."
"What pins?" He whispered still dazed by her beauty
"Hair pins" she replied with the same whisper.

He made her sit on the dressing and slowly helped her in removing the pins. He had discarded his coat and his sleeves were rolled up. His hands working on her head . She could feel heat emanating from his forearms as he was busy in helping her. Their fingers brushed and touched several times as they worked in getting rid of them. They could just listen to eachother's breathing with a rhythm right after one another. Maybe this would be their life now,listening to each other breathe and help. He was her room partner, helper and immediate family. She could feel at unknown peace with him.

"Why bear the pain of sticking so many pins? You girls can just go for simple hairdo" he chuckled

She felt targeted at the comment and replied immediately "we girls like to go all out for our big day"

"Don't know about others but you looked pretty " he said stating a fact making her cheeks turn red.

They finally removed the last pin and she opened the strands with her fingers. Stronghold spray made her chestnut hair sticky.

" I need to wash them immediately "
"But it's my turn now" he said while walking towards the washroom.
"Wait!!" She ran towards the door blocking it with arms "my turn is not done yet"
" seriously Miraal? you girls take so much time" he uttered with irritated expression.
"adat dal lo wait karne ki" (make it a habit to wait) she smiled with a mischievous expression and turned,before she could slam the door he pulled by her wrist, her other hand fell on his chest. Taimoor returned the mischievous glint with a naughty smirk.
"Who knows, we might shower together in the future " he whispered in her ear ,making her eyes pop out of her sockets
"Besharam!" (shameless!) she pushed him
"Call me if you need help little wifey" he chuckled victoriously as she slammed the door on his face.

Taimoor came back after changing into a t-shirt and track pants. Miraal in cream colored salwar kameez , finished drying her hair and took the right side of the bed while Taimoor always preferred the left one. They suddenly became aware of the distance between them as they were lying on the bed. Taimoor wished to see her lying down in something like a robe that she wore earlier or some cute pjs. Perhaps they would be comfortable enough to dress the way they want in the future. He needs to make her feel at home.

"Miraal"

"Hmmm"

"Can't sleep?"

"It's a new place, maybe, that's why" both looking at the ceiling. Room lights are off except the dim light from the lamp.

"Let's go on the terrace?" She just nodded before both of them headed towards the terrace. Their room is on the 2nd floor of the mansion. They went upstairs to towards the decorated terrace.