Chapter 2 - New Friends

"Hello! Excuse me! You're sitting next to my bag will you pass it to me?"

Addison nods and hands the bag over to the girl. 

The girl smiles and asks, "You look a little... Lonely." At these words, Addi gets defensive and feels overly insulted, so she just glares at the girl.

The girl chuckles and says "Oh I didn't mean to offend you! Just wanted to ask if you want to be friends. I'm new to this building... I moved in here a few months ago." 

Addison's expression softens as she realizes she might just have an opportunity to make a new friend. 

"Oh no... I'm not offended! Anyways um Hello... I'm Addison. Nice to meet you." 

The girl smiles back "I'm Sasha. Nice to meet you too!"

They shake hands and start talking. Sasha was very nice. And as Addison spoke, she realized they had lots in common. She was very happy to have made a new friend that evening.

Sasha was a very sweet girl. She was a year older than Addison and she had moved here just recently due to covid. She had a few friends already too, so it was safe to say she was an ambivert. Sasha was quite pretty too. She had dark brown eyes with beautiful brown hair. A sweet button nose and cute freckles. 

That evening Addison went home very contented with her day. She made a new friend and the girl seemed sweet too. Addison felt like she was the type to stay till the very end. And she wasn't wrong about that...

The next few weeks Addison and Sasha became very close. They became best friends slowly.

 Then all of a sudden, they couldn't hang out because of their busy schedules but that didn't stop them from speaking continuously on the phone. To Addison, Sasha was the only escape from her box-like house and pressure of tenth grade, the only person to whom she could rant about her problems, her best friend. 

Addison badly wanted to meet Sasha but the fact that they went to different schools did not help. So, for quite some time, they did not meet physically. 

After A few months finally, Addison and Sasha started hanging out again. Then one random Sunday evening Sasha goes "Hey actually I want to introduce you to some other friends of mine if you're okay with that?"

"Oh! Of course!!"

Sasha introduced Addison to two girls. Both looked completely different from each other.

One of them was a girl who looked like she hung out with the popular kids. A little short, great fashion sense, very pretty. She looked like she'd be a little mean. And the funny thing was that she used to be a friend of Addison's when they were kids. This girl's name was Arabelle Ibbott.

The other one was her complete opposite. She was more sporty. She looked more like an athletic tomboy. The fact that she was very tall and always had her hair in a ponytail just proved it. She seemed to be an extrovert and was very popular with kids. Addison had seen her playing in the garden with kids many times. Her name was Samantha Wilcox. Everyone called her Sam or Sammy.

At first, Addison felt very awkward with these girls but soon enough they became nearly as close as she was with Sasha. 

Addison realized that Arabelle lied a little more than anticipated but she was still very loyal to her friends and Addison liked Bella anyways. She realized that if you were on her good side she would be the sweetest person ever. Sometimes a little mean but that usually ended with it being funny.

Addi also realized that she was right about Samantha. Sammy was very popular. She was very kind, and everyone loved her for it. She was very athletic. Extroverted and funny. She could make anyone her friend with just one conversation. Addison really admired her for it.

Soon enough they became so close that they hung everywhere, the four of them.

Then one day Sammy said "Hey guys! Let's play something new!!! How's badminton?"

Addi didn't know a thing about the sport, but everyone agreed so she nodded too. 

Then one other girl overheard us so she asked if she could join. We agreed but then realized that the number of people was odd. Sammy then said that she could call one of her other friends to play. All of us said 'why not!' and she ran to the playground which surprised me a little, but I didn't think much of it.

Soon she came over with someone. And then Addison felt her expression change as she realized that the person Samantha brought over was the boy, she had seen that day.