Chapter 16

The end of March brought a whirlwind of activities as Twice geared up for their comeback, 'Page Two,' featuring the energetic title track 'CHEER UP.' Our days were packed with a thorough schedule of music video filming, dance practices, jacket fittings, and more. The air buzzed with palpable excitement and anticipation, a mix of nerves and eagerness hanging in the atmosphere.

The company's practice room became a second home, echoing with the energetic beats of 'CHEER UP.' The vibrant colours of the upcoming concept adorned the walls, creating an immersive environment that fueled our enthusiasm. It was during these practices that the bond between the members strengthened, each of us putting in our best effort to ensure the comeback's success.

As we rehearsed the choreography under the watchful eyes of our choreographer, playful banter and laughter punctuated the air. "Y/N, your moves are looking sharp!" Jihyo would cheer, her encouraging words echoing across the room. Nayeon, known for her playful antics, teased Mina about a particularly tricky step, the two sharing a lighthearted moment in the midst of our intense preparations.

Amid the dance practices, there were moments of respite where we gathered for discussions. The topic of 'I'm Gonna Be a Star' always elicited a reaction from Nayeon. Whenever the song came up, her playful protests filled the room. "I can't believe I'm stuck with these lines. It's like a broken record!" she would exclaim, her expressive gestures adding a touch of humour to her complaints.

In contrast to the playful camaraderie, the music video filming days were a blend of excitement and meticulous planning. The sets were a riot of colours and props, each member bringing their unique charm to the scenes. Dahyun, ever the mischievous one, managed to sneak in a playful prank during one of our breaks, sparking laughter that resonated through the entire set.

The jacket fitting sessions were a chance for us to see the visual concept come to life. Rows of dazzling outfits lined the racks, each ensemble carefully curated to match the vibrant theme of 'Page Two.' Tzuyu, with her model-like grace, effortlessly pulled off every look, eliciting admiration from the rest of us.

As the days progressed, the air became charged with the anticipation of the comeback showcase. The company's hall transformed into a bustling hub of activity, stylists adding final touches to our outfits, makeup artists working their magic, and the soundcheck resonating through the venue.

Through all the chaos, I found solace in the unspoken understanding among the members. Whether it was Nayeon's playful protests, Momo's infectious energy, or the quiet determination in Mina's eyes, each member brought a unique flavour to the Twice dynamic.

As the days blurred into a whirlwind of practices, fittings, and anticipation, each sunrise brought Twice closer to the fateful date — April 25th, 2016. The release of our mini-album, 'Page Two,' loomed on the horizon, and with it, a mix of excitement and nerves settled among us.

Practice rooms buzzed with frenetic energy as we fine-tuned every move, ensuring the choreography was a seamless dance of precision and flair. Jihyo's voice resonated through the space, guiding us through the final tweaks, her leadership grounding the group in the midst of anticipation.

The company's corridors, usually a hive of activity, now hummed with a unique blend of tension and exhilaration. The stylists scurried around, adjusting every outfit with meticulous care, ensuring that each member looked nothing short of spectacular. Amidst the organized chaos, Nayeon's playful banter injected moments of laughter, a refreshing reprieve from the mounting pressure.

D-day arrived like an unbidden guest, and the air in the practice room crackled with a potent mix of excitement and anxiety. Tzuyu, with her serene presence, offered calming words, reminding us that we were ready for this moment.