♔Move-III

Seperate & strike.

Laira opened the wooden frame of the window to allow the air to enter the small room she was given to stay in. She was told that their master, Jung Hoseok, would return in a week, and until then she could stay here.

Sweet Jungkook even offered to train her until that day, so she could improve her skills and impress Hoseok. "He might let you stay if you manage to blow up his mind with your moves," Jungkook had said earlier to which Taehyung scoffed and exited the house.

The little bag she carried with her was still sitting near the gate until Jungkook knocked on her door and dropped it off, adding that if she needed anything he was just a few rooms away.

She opened her bag, removing the folded paper that contained the address of a cafe. She was to meet Jimin or Namjoon there a day after tomorrow, so she could give them an update. What she didn't understand was what was her mission.

Am I supposed to eavesdrop on the bubbling gossip or steal something expensive?

The only instruction she received from her master was to get familiarized with Hoseok's knights. For what? She did ask but received the kind of answer she wasn't expecting which revealed nothing. Therefore, with an uncertain feeling and many questions prodding in her mind, she fell asleep on the mattress that was on the floor, clutching tight the cozy white sheet.

*

"Rise and shine!" She never entertained the thought of punching someone's face for such a long time as she did when Taehyung entered her room, snatched the sheet from her lying form, and poked her face with a wooden sword.

He had a sunshine smile on his face like a little boy who was excited to play for the first time with the toy he received on Christmas. The dim light casting on the curtains indicated that the sun was still on its way to 'rise and shine.'

"Why are you here?" she asked, muffling her yawn and stretching her arms.

"For your first training, of course." That smile again. Whatever Taehyung had in his mind, she could tell it was going to be a hard day. "Why? Not used to waking up in the morning?" he asked, biting what seemed like a smirk.

"I'm a morning person." If she keeps this up, she will surely grow her nose to match Master Joon's height.

"Oh, perfect. Meet me out in the yard in 10 minutes." He left, closing the sliding door behind him.

She fell into the bed with a thud, muffling her scream in the pillow. Waking up early wasn't a problem, but waking up so early was. She barely had 2 hours of sleep and there he was. The devil himself.

After tightening her hair into a clean braid and changing her clothes, she went to the yard. In the break of the dawn, she swung the wooden sword through the fog. The cold instantly hugged her bare arms as she waited for Taehyung to join her.

Instead of him, she saw a sleepy Jungkook who almost walked into the wall before he managed to walk towards her. "I respect your passion, but isn't it so early when we slept so late?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

She looked from him to a smiling Taehyung who was following him. Unable to understand what was going on, she gave a questioning look to Taehyung who raised his brows. "What? You are supposed to improve your skills. Better start now than regret later," he said.

"Why did you wake me? If you cared so much you could have trained her!" Jungkook complained, picking up the sword nonetheless.

"Why? Are you both tired already? Want to send her back home?" Taehyung asked.