Chapter 1

The gasp you let out after waking up was like no other. You never thought you'd taste the breath of life again, so you cherished this without even realizing it.

After fully regaining consciousness you looked around in an unfamiliar room. To your left were large windows, allowing you to see out in the wilderness. From the furnishings you can see it appeared whoever lived here had money. Especially if they could have a makeshift hospital room in their home.

"Have I been.. kidnapped?" you mumbled, still frantically scanning the room for anything or anyone you could recognize. After more failure, you decided to get out of bed. You felt surprisingly fine, considering the fact you appeared to be on at-home hospital watch. If anything you could have just used a glass of water. Or something, to quench your thirst.

Once you stood up, you immediately looked around the room closer. You approached a mirror, and almost gasped at your reflection. You were sickly pale, looking as if you've been in this room for weeks. Surprisingly, your wounds were completely healed. You touched the spot on your neck which had been injured, and it felt as if you were in that nightmarish moment once again.

"How the hell did that heal-" Before you could finish, something else caught your attention. Something blood red.

Your eyes.

You couldn't help but scream.

You recognized this look all too well. The look of a vampire. Well, you had actually never seen a vampire with red eyes, but you knew. Or maybe the vampire last night had red eyes. You couldn't remember. That wasn't important. What was important was that you weren't yourself right now.

It felt as though you spent hours in your head, but it was actually just a few seconds before someone came rushing into the room.

"(Y/n). Calm down."

Hearing your name made you feel hopeful you would turn and see a familiar face, but these hopes were soon crushed. In the doorway stood a tall, well-kept blonde man.

"I know you're probably very confused but please just calm down and I'll do my best to explain everything." The man had a reassuring voice, but that was not enough to stall your overwhelmed emotions.

"Calm down?? I'm a fucking vampire!"

The blonde's reaction was actually a small laugh. "Well, I'm glad you figured that out. So am I. I'm Carlisle Cullen. The "Father" of the Cullen's." For some reason Carlisle's laid back response managed to calm you down a little.

"Why am I here?" You questioned, assuming you were in the Cullen residence.

"Well, I brought you here. You see, I've rescued all the Cullens from near death. I heard your scream, and planned to do the same. When I arrived, you were already turned, but blacked out."

Your head hurt from trying to recall the events from the previous night. "Turned.. like to a vampire? Why save me?"

Carlisle shut his eyes for a second, and then looked back at you. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). This may have been our fault."

"Did one of your kids make me a vampire? I swear to god.." You balled your fists, ready to try out whatever vampire powers you were given. Pretty boy Edward wouldn't be very pretty for much longer.

"No, no. It's not like that. We Cullen's don't even drink human blood. And we have no need to add to our family without reason. Lately we have had some.. bad interactions with other vampires. And I fear one of them may have taken their frustrations out on you. I'm truly sorry if that's the case." Carlisle did his best to apologize, but even he knew this wasn't easy to swallow.