Drunk

In the dimly lit bar, Vi swayed slightly, the effects of one too many drinks evident. Jaddu, his bestie, observed him with a concerned expression. Despite the drunken haze, Vi felt a warmth in his chest, not just from the alcohol.

Jaddu, who was being responsible one, took Vi's arm, guiding him to a quieter corner. "You've had enough, Vi. Let's get you some water," Jaddu suggested, his eyes reflecting genuine worry.

      The bar hummed with a mix of laughter and music, a refuge for Vi who sought escape from the relentless online trolls. As the night progressed, Vi found himself drowning in the numbness of alcohol, and the weight of his doubts spilled out.

     Vi, slurring his words: "Jaddu, it's like they're all against me. Can't escape the hate."Jaddu, placing a firm hand on Vi's shoulder, spoke with unwavering support: "Vi, you're a champion. Don't let these words define you. You've got us, your real teammates, standing by you."

     Vi's eyes, clouded with frustration and self-doubt, met Jaddu's reassuring gaze.

      In that moment, a genuine connection formed, transcending the boundaries of the cricket field.Vi: "I don't know, Jaddu. It's just... hard, you know?".  Jaddu, offering a comforting smile: "It's okay to struggle, Vi. We all do. But you're not alone. We've got your back, always." As the conversation unfolded, Vi, seeking comfort, unconsciously clung to Jaddu. The warmth of their friendship radiated through the shared vulnerability. 

       Just then, Ro, sensing the depth of the moment, walked in. His eyes widened as he observed Vi and Jaddu in a tight embrace. Ro, watching Vi and Jaddu's closeness, muttered to himself, "Why is Vi so stuck to Jaddu? Am I invisible?"

Jaddu, sensing Ro's discomfort, tried to diffuse the situation. Jaddu: "Ro, let's grab a seat. Vi's just having one of those nights. Don't read much into it."

     Ro, irritated, responded, "Seems like Vi has a new best friend. Maybe I should find someone else to hang out with."

      Jaddu, understanding the mix of emotions, chuckled, " well I am his Favourite best friend" Ro glare at him.

       Amidst the swirling emotions and alcohol-fueled confessions, Vi overheard Ro's comment and felt a surge of hurt.

     Vi, his voice shaky, mumbled, "Ro, you don't care about your best friend..." Tears welled up in his eyes, and he clung to both Ro and Jaddu.

Ro, startled by Vi's sudden outburst, softened and replied, "Hey, Vi, I didn't mean it like that. You're my best friend, too."

Jaddu, ever the peacemaker, added, "Let's all sit down and talk. No one's replacing anyone here. We're a trio, remember?"

As they settled into a quieter corner, Vi, in his drunken state, expressed his vulnerabilities.

Vi: "I just want us to be close, like always. These trolls, they make me question everything."

Ro, realizing the impact of his words, apologized, "I didn't mean to make you feel that way, Vi. You're important to me, always."

Jaddu, bridging the gaps, said, "We're here for each other, through the highs and lows. Let's not let misunderstandings ruin our bond."

In the midst of tears, laughter, and heartfelt conversations, the trio reaffirmed their friendship, understanding that even in the haze of a tipsy night, the strength of their connection prevailed.