Introduction

"We've been calling each other our best friend practically forever. Since before we were teens, even. But do you think I loved him only when loving him was convenient for me?"

***

"I know I annoy you all the time with my rules thing, but it's really sweet of you never to let that show, Harry..."

"But you don't annoy me at all--"

"I annoy even myself. It's like, it's no wonder I have no friends."

***

"After that--that incident, it was never the same with me and Rahul, and now I think the same is going to happen with me and Jassi as well."

***

Friends are the family you choose. And perhaps since it is about choice, the layers of complexity and efforts in friendships most often go unnoticed.

A story that attempts to unfurl stories of friendships.

The story of two boys who have been friends since their under-13 days and dreamt of playing for India together, and stand the risk of drifting apart when only one makes it big.

The story of two boys of wildly contrasting personalities who grow dependent on each other as they taste success at every step of their career together.

The story of two boys sharing the same hobbies who hit off instantly for what seems a lifetime of friendship till the consequences of a disastrous talk show rips them apart.

The story of how their stories intertwine into layers only friendship can form and withstand.

***

Main characters (cause of the whole nameless drama in the description):

Hardik Pandya
Jasprit Bumrah
KL Rahul
Mayank Agarwal

Also (obviously)

Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli

***

A/N: Currently very confused about how to structure this but sassy_reads and I started getting too many pricky ideas not to make this into a story.