To Find A Valentine

(I know its not quite valentines day yet, but have a thing for it!)

Kit stared into her empty mug with an exasperated sigh, the bright red banners and balloons around her didn't help her struggle. It was valentines day, and she didn't like it. Director Scratch had the tendency to overdo it for any holiday, but doing so for valentines day was the worst.

Every year, agents struggled to find valentines to send cards to, and always just put a bunch of secret admirer cards in a bucket and pick randomly to hopefully get their own back. Nobody in CLADE liked eachother in that way, so the mandatory letter writing was just plain uncomfortable.

However in general, the vixen just didn't like valentines day. The bright reds were just distractions, the weird stories about the flying baby shooting love arrows was nothing short of creepy. Point being, everyone in CLADE, especially her, saw it as overrated.

So, when director scratch said giving to a specific person was mandatory this year, most agents were left moping and endlessly pondering who to suck up their pride for and pretend to like, No one more so than her. She grumbled in frustration and slid her mug aside, leaning against the table with brows furrowed. "I hate this holiday.." she complained to no one, rubbing her temples.

She could gift to Indie, but that would be weird since they aren't as close as he is with other agents. Giving to Cubby would be plain awkward, since she's literally her apprentice. She isn't even going to consider the CLADE agents she can't remember the names of. Director scratch wouldn't like her sending one to Wally...and Sam? Ah, that would make them both uncomfortable.

So the fox continued to ponder, so stuck in her own head she never noticed somebody sitting across from her.

"Er...earth to Agent Casey?"

She flinched and snapped her head up "Oh! Sam!" She exhaled "Sorry about that..just a little stuck."

"I get it. Valentines Day was never easy for you." Sam smiled sweetly "Oh! I need to show you something!" He reminded himself. Kit opened her mouth as if to ask a question, but Sam grabbed her arm and dragged her along to their dorm.

"Sam! Let go!" Kit exclaimed "Why are you dragging me? I can wa...huh?"

Sam let go of kits arm just in time for her to see a heart-shaped piñata with a yellow ribbon tied around it in a neat bow attached to the roof of their living room. Kit stared in bewilderment "Sam, what in the wooly world is this?"

"Its for you!" The feline chirped, grabbing a baseball bat and blindfold from the floor "just break it." He enticed, putting the blindfold on kit and handing her the baseball bat. He spun her around three times, leaving her dizzy and confused. However because she didn't want to argue, she swung at the piñata "I hit something!"

"My side.." Sam breathed "a...a little more to the left.."

"Whoops! Sorry, Sam!" Kit swung more to the left, and heard the piñata burst open. She lifted her blindfold and saw a bunch of chocolate kisses and a letter on the floor. She grabbed the letter and slowly looked back at Sam, who was looking at her with a bright, eager smile and dilated pupils. "Open it!" He said excitedly.

Kit blinked at him, but shrugged and opened the letter. She was expecting one of those dumb 'let's pretend for today' letters, but upon unfolding it, she was surprised. It said;

'Dear Kit,

People say valentines day is about romantic love and confessing to the special person you adore. However, love comes in many forms. It can be platonic, family love and many more, even self-love! And so, as my best friend, I have one question to ask. Will you be my Palentine?

With platonic love, Sam.'

Kit blinked, touched by Sam's generosity. "Palentine?"

"Yeah! I just thought that it's better than pretending to like somebody I dont." Sam rubbed the back of his neck.

"I never even considered this an idea, I.." Kit blinked, looking at Sam with sparkly eyes "thank you, Sam...no wonder you're the heart of us two."

Sam was flattered by the comment, and smiled softly "aww, it's what I do Kit. And because its Palentines day, you can hug me for...fifteen seconds."

"FIFTY SECONDS?"

"No! I said-"

Kit already tackled him into a hug. Sam sighed gently. Though he wasn't exactly one for hugs..he would admit..it felt nice. "Happy palentines day, Kit.."

"Happy Palentines day to you too, Sam."