22

Alexa, play my strange addiction by Billie Eilish

Ben was in a deep state of agony. He hated that he wanted to do this. He hated that he didn't want to do this. What is the "this" Ben is so frustrated about, you ask? It was something that was undeniably,
without a doubt wrong on so many levels, but he was down to his last spoon in his bowl. Ben wanted Devi all to himself; once and for all. And if that meant catfishing his ex-girlfriend by pretending to be Paxton to get her back, he would do it.

So Ben migrated towards the locker of the most unreliable, but probably most omniscient source when it came to catfishing.
Shira Liedman, also known as Ben's other ex-girlfriend. He and Shira hadn't talked since their breakup; which made things a thousand times more awkward when he approached her.

"Um..hi, Shira," Ben stuttered, trying to find her eyes as she applied lipstick to her lips, her face shielded from behind her locker.

"Can I help you?" asked Shira impatiently. "I have to head to class."

"Come on, we both know class is the last place you'll be going."

Shira snorted and shot Ben a nasty glare.

"You can react however you want, but you can't tell me I'm wrong," he snickered.

"Ugh, whatever, dork face," she hissed, smacking her locker shut.
"What do you want?" She added, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Don't ask questions," Ben began, lowering his voice to a whisper. "But I need you to teach me how to catfish."

He stared into the beady little eyes of his once girlfriend; her eyes now only holding a mix of insincerity and curiosity as she stared back at him.

"Okay," Shira giggled, fiddling with her chocolate brown strands of hair. "As who?"

Ben's lips parted, his voice reluctant before answering.

"Paxton Hall Yoshida," he revealed.