1,000 Reads Special

(Y/n)'s POV

I tried to look over Tam's shoulders at the sight ahead, where two people caught my attention. Linh wore a purple dress, with a simple white jacket on top. She had her eyes focused on the person in front of her.

I couldn't tell who it was, since they were facing away from Tam and me, and had on a green hoodie, so identifying them by hair wouldn't have been possible either.

"Can you see anything?" I asked Tam, trying to push him slightly out of the way. "No, I can't, since every five seconds I keep getting pushed around! It's impossible to look at a place long enough to notice anything from this angle!" He whisper-shouted.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his comments. I had more important things to deal with than moody teenagers. "Quiet!" I shushed him, putting a finger to my lips, "They might hear us!"

"With your loud voice, I'm sure the entire world could hear us," Tam remarked. "Oh please, you're overreacting," I said with a wave of my hand.

"... so they've been talking a lot more recently. And not in the way they were before, like, talking talking," Linh was saying to the person.

Now, you may be wondering why Tam and I were spying on Linh; and there was a perfectly good reason for that. You see, Linh was on a date. And it all started that morning.

Timeskip

"Linhhhhhh! Hurry up! I gotta pee!" I yelled, banging on the bathroom door. "Just a minute!" She called out. I was seriously regretting having that nice glass of ice cold water in the middle of the night, since when morning came, it did me dirty.

I heard her quietly saying, "I'm sure we can set up a date to discuss this- what do you mean it has to be today? It's not that important- okay okay, I get it! Let's just go out for lunch around one and we'll talk. Does that sound good?"

She stepped out of the bathroom, letting me relieve myself of the annoyance known as waiting. When I was done with my business, it took me a minute for the conversation I overheard to kick in. Date. Lunch. Today. Linh. And a mystery person.

I ran out of the bathroom, having washed my hands first obviously, and headed straight to Tam's room. I banged on the door, yelling, "TAM! OPEN THE DOOR! RIGHT NOW!" I could feel the angsty energy nearing me as a sleep deprived boy opened the door.

"Will you stop with that shouting? I'm trying to have my hearing last for the next couple millennia," Tam said. "Yeah, yeah, whatever! We have more important things to worry about!" I explained, walking into his room, hearing him mutter something along the lines of, "Could've asked to come in first but okay..."

I plopped down on the floor, gesturing for him to join me. Sitting down, he asked, "Okay, so, what's the oh so important news that's got you yelling at this time of the morning?"

"So, I needed to use the bathroom really badly, and Linh was hogging up the bathroom again, and I heard her talking on the imparter to someone. I couldn't hear who she was talking to, but Linh was saying something about a date and going out for lunch today! LINH! ON A DATE!" I yelped, shaking his shoulders.

Right then and there, it looked like Tam had gone through the five stages of grief twice; actually, forget the five stages, more like four, since this boy was not about to go through acceptance. "There is no way. She would've said something... wouldn't she?" He questioned.

"Well I don't know. She also said something about needing to discus a serious matter, or something," I mentioned. "You don't think... no, she would never accept, but, I never thought she'd go on a date either..." Tam muttered to himself.

"Two things. Number one, you really thought Linh would never ever go on a date? Like ever? Number two, what on earth are you mumbling about?"

"It's just, what if the person is asking Linh go into a committed relationship? WHAT IF THEY'RE ASKING HER TO BE THEIR GIRLFRIEND?!" Tam freaked out, getting up and pacing around.