Chapter 3

Eiran wanted to be with Roger right now

He stood in the corner of the room as many people danced, drank and chatted. Claude, upon Eiran's arrival, decided that he should have a ball on his victory.

Yet even if it was for him, he did not like it a bit. But at least Roger and Clarissa would be arriving soon.

Swirling the wine in his glass, his eyes glanced to his brother who sat on his seat with a smirk seeing Eiran's dislike with everything.

Eiran couldn't help but scowl even more.

Looking away, he turned his attention back to a lady who had walked up to him. She was pretty, he wasn't going to deny it, her brown hair with just below her shoulders in wavy curls, and her eye colour was that of a plum purple. Her skin was glowing, a beautiful deep tan colour as she wore no makeup besides that of lipstick and eyeliner.

"Greetings, Your Highness. It is a pleasure to see you have returned safely from battle, I wish you happiness and joy in your future." She spoke. Her voice was lovely, a soft tone that acted as if she was speaking to a small child.

Though it kinda annoyed him that he was being spoken to as if he was one, Eiran guessed it was because he was sent to war as one and she thought his traumatic experiences would make his mental state act like a child.

So he didn't blame her.

"Thank you for you kind words, Miss..."

"Inola, call me Inola, Your Highness."

"Ah, Well then, thank you for your kindness tonight, Inola. I'll remember your words for our future interactions." He thanked her, a soft smile on his lips.

She smiled at him before giving a bow, turning and leaving to a woman who she intertwined her hands with.

Inola lifted the woman's hand as she kissed the ladies hand before giving a soft smile at her. Eiran watched them interact with a smile on his face, wives perhaps.

"Eiran!" A voice called out just loud enough for him to hear yet not enough for everyone to. The prince turned his head to see Roger with a grin on his face.

"Roger." Eiran greeted him with a smirk, taking his hand and kissing it similar to how Inola had done. It made Roger feel soft inside, a big blush on his cheeks as he turned away.

Claude watched them with a scowl, his cold eyes showing obvious dislike as he saw Eiran smile at the Alpheus. Yet he wouldn't smile at him.

Felix looked at Claude with a bead of sweat falling down his temple as he then whispered to him, "I'm sure the prince is just overwhelmed, besides Roger is his best friend so of course he would be more comfortable with him."

"He can be comfortable with me, can't he?" Claude asked, thought it was more of statement. Turning to Felix, he said, "I'm his older twin brother, why's he more comfortable with a friend than he is with me?"