Chapter 1

Hello, it's Noah here! This is my second story of all, first story on wattpad, and my first non fanfiction. I know it's not the best, but I still hope you enjoy it!  Also, can we just take a look at the cover? One of my friends made it, and I would just like to put that out there. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     ~ Beth~

     "Hey Chris, will you always be my friend?"

  Today is just like any other day. I'm sitting next to my best friend of 4 years, Christopher Leo Johnson, on a grassy field.

  "Of course Beth. That shouldn't be a question!" He exclaims, smiling sweetly at me. His green eyes are evident with pure bliss, and his pearly white smile seems to brighten the area.

  The bell telling us that lunch is over was heard throughout the deserted halls of Lakeshore Elementary. Chris and I stood up together, and started striding back to the classroom. Our hands slightly brush against each other, causing me to jerk my hand behind my back and step a little to the side. We stare opposite of each other, neither of us daring to ruin the awkward silence. Some of our classmates run past us, giggling all the way.

  My dark brown hair covers one of my hazel eyes as I take a quick glance towards the mahogany colored head beside me. As we enter the now packed hall, I abruptly stop, causing Chris to look at me in curiosity. I suddenly laugh, and sprint towards our classroom, leaving him in my tracks.

 "H-hey! Bethany, wait up!" He whines, chasing after me. We burst through the door, Chris tripping over his own feet and crashing to the floor. I giggle and offer my hand for him to take. He looks at it for a while, getting up by himself.

  "I can get up myself. I'm eight years old, so I'm older than you. I don't need you to help me." He says, slightly puffing out his cheeks. I grin in response, and slap him in the arm, earning a yelp.

 "It's your fault for being clumsy." I retort, a small smile on my face. "Come on. We need to sit down before the bell rings again."

   For the rest of class, Chris and I talked about what might happen in the future. All I can remember about that conversation, is that everything we said included us being best friends.

  That was years ago.

  I slowly open my eyes and stare at the same everyday scenery, through the usual window. Except it wasn't a window, and the scenery wasn't the outdoors. It was an empty door way, with dim light pouring in being the only source of light. The scenery was the narrow wooden stairs that went up to the first floor of Evergreen High. In other words, I was currently in the lone basement of the school.

  The basement wasn't very eye catching. It was very spacious, but also very dark. No one over comes down here, so the lightbulbs are never replaced. The basement had brick walls, covered in peeling, moldy wall paper. This basement use to have people constantly going in and out of it, having club meetings or study groups. Then a hanging rope was found in one of the rooms, and nobody came back down here. However, I can't step a single foot outside of the door until school hours are done.

  Riiiiing

  The dismissal bell rings, and shuffling is heard from above. I slowly walk up the stairs, making sure I don't bump into an invisible wall. I reach the top, and squint my eyes from the bright light.

  Students are rushing around, flooding out of classrooms. Some were in their usual cliques, while others stand alone at their lockers. Two girls walk straight through me, completely oblivious. I recognize one of them as Emily Mae King. She use to be one of my closest friends, but we sort of drifted apart. Our whole little group did, and I have no idea why. Emily was the first to go, and the rest of use followed suit.

  I make my way through the crowd, and stop next to specific someone at their locker. A smile makes its way onto my face.

  "Hey Chris, how was school today?" I say cheerfully. I receive no response from my best friend, weakening my smile. He closes his locker, and starts walking away. I follow him as we pass by Room 17, the art classroom. It was my elective during freshman year, and also my last class of the day.

  "I remember the first year of high school. Every day after school, I would find you waiting for me with the rest of our friends, outside of the art room. Since it was my last class, I always had to ask you or Aiden to carry some kind of art project. That was fun, all of us walking home together." Again, I receive no response.

  Aiden Gray Beckett, the last person in our clique. Ever since third grade, we were always hanging out together. Emily, Aiden, Chris, and Me. We were always seen together after school on weekends, anytime all of us were free.

  "You know Chris, you use to be so shy. Really clumsy too. Your hair was messy without care, and your eyes shined like emeralds in their green glory. Basically the opposite of who you are now. Almost the complete opposite."

  I study the 17 year old next to me. How his mahogany colored hair was now slightly swooped to the side. How dull his green eyes looked. His everyday frown plastered on his face. Even his sense of style completely changed. He was wearing cargo pants, a white graphic shirt, his usual black hooded jacket, and black vans. Although, I guess it's normal to change your style after middle school and freshman year.

  "I guess it's normal to change so much. All's in the past right? Back when I was still-" I crash into the invisible boundary, separating me from the rest of the world. Chris keep on walking ahead, not noticing me on the floor. How could he notice me? He can't even see me.

  "... When I was still alive."

   I sigh in exhaustion and defeat, walking back towards the school building. I pass by more students, none of them able to see, hear, or feel me.

  This has been going on for six months. Six months of being trapped in the boundaries of the school campus. Of being invisible to everyone, and everything. Six months of being... dead.

  My name is Bethany Eve Evans. I'm a sixteen year old girl with dark brown hair to the middle of my back. My eyes use to be hazel, but now they are an empty black. My whole body is translucent, if you can see me.

  I am the ghost that roams Evergreen High.

  *Don't forget to Like, comment, and share this story with your friends!*

  Hello there! I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter of Invisible, Eternal, Unforgettable. The next chapter will be in Chris's POV on the same day. With that I hope you have a wonderful day, or dream, and byee!

Noah_lani