Chapter 2

~Chris~

Riiiiing

  The Dismissal bell rings, indicating that Hell is over for the day. I wish it was over for the year, so that I wouldn't have to see anybody here. What more could I ask for?

   Walking out of the music room, I slowly drag myself to my locker. People are everywhere, and I don't like it. They're always judging you, no matter who they are. They can be your closest friends, and still harass you with harsh words. If you have nothing good to say, then tell the truth and spit it out. That's how humans communicate. What's the point of being polite, if it's a lie? It's better to be honest right?

  I can't wait to get out of here.

  I pass by Aiden Beckett, the educated idiot. Also, my only acquaintance, and video chat buddy. His has slightly dyed blonde hair, but its natural color is black. His brown eyes give me a quick glance when we pass each other, but then go back to his daytime friends.

   For some reason he's intelligent, but is an idiot in non school-related events. For example, crossing a street and not getting into a car accident.

  He's also has the perfect facade, which is why I stay close to him. He is the very person I don't want to be and despise with a deep passion. As long as I'm the complete opposite of him, then my life will be fine. Having someone around who is nothing like me, means that I can use him as an example of what not to do.

  He lies through his teeth and compliments everyone, and always looks at the bright side, even if it's dim. He has many friends to hang out with during the day time, but it's all imaginary. Anybody who considers him a true friend played right along with his plan. He was able to make an energetic, kind hearted persona to make friends. If only they knew what he did behind their backs.

  I reached my locker, which was near the boy's bathroom. The smell of urine and sweat fill the area, causing me to cringe. One peek into the guy's restroom would make anybody vomit. It was disgusting, and a shame to the male population. Yes... it was that bad.

   Closing my locker, I start walking to the main entrance, passing through the freshman halls. When I pass by room 17, the art room, I thought I heard the ringing of a bell. I try listening for the sound again, but the deserted hall was completely silent.

   I swear this happens every time.

  At the main entrance, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. It's probably Aiden, telling me to Skype him later. I wonder where we're going tonight. Maybe the local park?

  When I pass through the school gates, it feels like I'm being pushed back. There's always a resistance when I try to leave, but this time it was more forceful.

  This has been going on for six months straight. Whenever I try to leave the campus, I hear a bell when I start walking through the halls. When I pass through the main gates to leave, it's as if a force is trying to make me stay.

  I stare at the cement pavement as I walk home, my mind wondering on its own. I start to think about my freshman year in high school. Basically last year, when I still had actual friends. Aiden was the athletic one in the trio, and I was the guy who was really into music, constantly had headphones around my neck. Then there was Emily.

  Emily Mae King, or Em for short. Emily was the type of girl who would shop for hours, spend at least thirty minutes picking out a casual outfit for the day, and have a daily make up routine. She has shoulder length blonde hair, and grey eyes with a tinge of blue. I'm pretty sure her eyes are blue and she wears grey contacts, but she denies it saying that her vision is perfect. I feel as though she forgot that I've known her since we were young, when she didn't wear grey contacts.