[⭐]

Veigar would tell you he's trying his best, always trying his best... "World Domination" doesn't take minimal effort, it takes ALL effort. Veigar is always right when choosing his associates; People who can show that same effort as him.

Probably his best investment is in the enigmatic, energetic, "Rumble" .

There's a lot to Rumble for Veigar to unpack: He's someone who shares mixed ideologies, has peculiar interests, and has complex relationships with other Yordles. Veigar can't really relate to that whatsoever. Sure maybe once in his long lifetime, hundreds of years ago or so (he's forgotten really), he HAD friends, but that is definitely not now.

His motives are set, unlike Rumble; His ideals are as simple as "villainy", something Rumble struggles with; And he has no relationships with any Yordle, aside from those he hires to work for him. Rumble's got a lot of things, which makes Veigar more curious about his motives. Why would someone like Rumble want to even work for him anyways? According to Rumble's acquaintances, "Veigar is a loser" .

It makes his blood boil just thinking that Rumble only stays because Veigar pays him to. It's likely the case, but Veigar wants to refuse that belief. Something inside him just wants Rumble to be his friend, but just like Rumble naturally is, it's complicated... Besides, Rumble accepted this job, even before the pay was discussed; Surely Rumble WANTS to be here. Right?

Rumble is nice to Veigar, something that most Yordles aren't to him.

> — <> — <> — <> — <> — <> — <

"Why do you have to make everything complicated?" Rumble sarcastically asks, chuckling at Veigar's terrible drawing. Veigar wants something specific from Rumble, a mech to assist his warfare on Bandle City. Rumble, for reasons Veigar still fully doesn't know, agreed to the job.

"I'm asking for a dragon that shoots fire! Just like your machine thing does! It shouldn't be that hard-"

Rumble laughs, "Ok! And how am I supposed to get this thing to fly? You're not really thinking this through."

Veigar growls, "I DON'T KNOW! THAT'S YOUR JOB!"

Rumble just smiles at him, like a lot of his employees do. Veigar doesn't know why, he's not that funny; He doesn't think he's that funny. It just hammers it in that Veigar doesn't realize these are actually his friends, the ones he claims to not have. Ironic?

After a playful sigh, Rumble just hands him a blueprint sheet. Upon its opening Veigar is faced with an already designed machine, just for him. It almost looked like him, and Veigar actually really liked that. It felt unique, really worth it.

"I want this actually-"

> — <> — <> — <> — <> — <> — <

Recently Veigar has been exploring about, just a smidge. Discreetly he walks around Bandle City, hoping no one notices his shadow in the background, or the ever so often rearranged item here and there. The Yordles don't like him; He wonders if they EVER liked him, even in the past he's so sadly forgotten...

That's what the Bastion did to him, sad but true. He's embraced the outcome, and that alone scares the bones of Bandle City to its core. Yordles: Little wads of magic, beings who seemingly don't age (and therefore don't die). They are happy creatures, ones with talent, ones who help. Veigar is the living proof that you can break a Yordle, that they are more fickle than folks believe. Bandle City will try to bury him as long as it lives (which will be forever); But it can't escape the fact that Veigar is real, and very, very much, A YORDLE.