Introduction

Havenville

A beautiful metropolitan area with larger than life skyscrapers. Millions of people move and out every year, old and young, trying to find themselves and make a life here. Many try, few succeed, but when they do.......they win big. We all got one goal in this life and that is to survive and maybe if we are lucky, make something beautiful out of this thing we call life. 

Hi my name is Amelia Harper and I was born here in Havenville. My family is from here, but they knew what it was like before it became this huge city. My grandparents, Evelyn and Edward Harper, were two ambitious individuals who were determined to make a name for themselves. My grandmother went to school to become an engineer and from what I hear she was one of the best. My grandfather was said to be one of the most charismatic men you ever met. There was nothing that could stop them from doing whatever they wanted, so they started up a tech company called Harper Industries. It helped in developing new, groundbreaking energy sources and helped in the advancement of artificial intelligence. The sky was the limit for them. However one day, they were murdered while working late at their company. The police couldn't find any clues as to who the killer was, so the case grew cold. I was pretty young when they died so I don't remember much about them, but I know it was changed our family's lives forever.

But hey I won't give you the whole family tree and my ancestors before my ancestors. I am 27 years old with a degree in journalism. My favorite part of my job is getting down to even the smallest detail so I give the whole truth. But one of the main reasons I wanted to become a journalist is maybe, just maybe I could find out what happened to my grandparents. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone,

Welcome to Shadow of Deceit! 

My name is May and I took a long hiatus from wattpad due to writers block, but now I am excited to put out a book!

I hope you enjoyed this introduction to our character Amelia and there is lot more to come!

Feel free to leave some comments and tell me what you think!

Have a good day and stay safe ❤