Riders on the Storm.

The howling wind was like a storm on the sea

The howling wind was like a storm on the sea. It was trying to hard to break the window for my office but just couldn't. Rain was also coming down hard too . Just like the wind, it too was hitting the glass . Almost sounding if you were getting shot behind a bulletproof glass window. Except, just a bit lighter .

" hnggg.." I groan as i turn the last and final paper . Reading it. ' shipment for alcohol, Oxy-Fuel and Coolant' it read as it spilt into a few hundreds of words .

After reading it , or rather skimming through it i sign it at the bottom. It being a little bit more sloppier than normally but I didn't care about it too much . The fact it was done was a good enough feeling .

" done ?" the blue haired girl across from me asks me. She has beautiful purple eyes that could probably melt through anyone's eyes . But me ? I had grown resistant. especially for amber eyes ..

" yeah, you too?"

" all done here." She says as I get up and stretch . Looking at the window , I can see the plaza and its emptiness . ' at least people got out of this storm ...' I tell myself . This wasn't your typical storm of just rain. You could hear the booms of thunder from the waves of the water . It rolling all across the island .

" since this storm isn't dying anytime soon, want to chat for a little bit ?"

" what would we chat about ?" she asks back as I stop stretching and sit back down .

" well for starters , what's your favorite thing ?"

" hard to say.... between my sisters and others but probably my SG radar ."

" had a feeling you would say that . it has come handy many times .. what about something more general?"

" hmm... nice clothes ?"

She replied back , in a uncertain tone. I made a mental note to buy her some clothes for her hard work today .

" what do you... consider as a shortcoming for you ?"

"I well.."

She gazed and looked at the floor . Going completely quiet . It was almost like she was shy or scared to say it .

" I dislike going into battle ... every time I see my friends get hurt, my heart feels like it's coming apart from the seams .."

' huh ... guess that's a reasonable answer' I thought to myself . not saying anything as to I knew she had more to say .

" I wish I was stronger and could prevent it ... not watch it helplessly as it happens ..."

If I had a rubber band to pluck on my wrist for every one of fuck ups , this would certainly be one . I had hit a nail. A nail that I could've never hit .

To end the topic , I got up and poured us some tea . It was only right after her answer.

" sorry for asking about a touchy subject.." I said, giving her the tea . She accepted.