IKEDA

IKEDA  

      .1.

Claws. Draped in the blood of my only sister. Sayomi Ikeda. Those are the only words that can come out of my mouth now. My older sister, Sayomi Ikeda. It's because of that name that I know my own. It's because of that name that my only sister is dying in front of my own youthful eyes. The creature's claws had devoured her whole. I believe that she had referred to it as, Tsume. It is a faint memory, I was only six. But it's the only memory that inhabits my brain as of now. I remember nothing of the past up to that moment. All I heard was the grumbling "Ikeeeeeeedaaaaaaaa," that the creature had growled. That and my sisters deafening cry for help soon after she had been penetrated through the abdomen. It's claws found its way out in a sharp motion back to the creature's side. Sister's blood trickled over the wooden floors of our house. Spraying throughout the entire room. Over the blanket mother had sewn for the both of us to share years before. As she hit the floor, her head facing in my direction, she noticed my shaking eyes. I was hiding promptly under our blanket just as she'd instructed me to do in a hurry before the creature came into the room, a blood-thirsty beast. Her eyes matched mine. I remember them half-way open, tears falling just as fast as she had hit the floor. Her facial expression was that not of physical pain, but of emotional pain. She seemed to be so depressed, but had given up on the situation. Her lips moved to form a small half smile, eyebrows scrunched together representing sorrow. A tear ran down her face. Then came the claws once again, no waiting. They pushed themselves through to where her heart lyed under. Her eyes closed shut as her mouth throbbed open wide to a scream. More blood. My eyes were wide open. Mouth shut, but throbbing a bit as if in preparation for various tears to come. My body was frozen. The creature left the room and our home. I didn't move. I stared at my sister for the longest time until I had truely realized what just happened. I cried and I kept crying. Alone in the room, my sister's corpse feet away, I cried. The smell of blood and the feeling of anger had never been as strong since that day.

         .2.

"Where's Nanami?" I could've sworn that I had asked that question one too many times today already. Appearantly trusting a single, lonely woman was my mistake. I walked around the entire building of Block One just to find this girl and recieve my files. "Hey, Boss," I turned in refreshment to see her, but it was just another one of my workers. "Nanami went out about two hours ago. Said that she needed a break. Had to head out and relax for a bit." My hope dropped and so did the cup in my hand. I grabbed my coat and ran out of Block One. "That scenial bitch!" The files that Nanami recieved in delivery were at most confidential and have been over the years. Nobody would ever think to take them out of the building's block. Unless they had other plans in spite of their job. Even if she thought that whatever she was doing, and whatever it was, I don't care now, was all for the good of knowledge, she shouldn't have underestimated me and have known that I'd catch her fast. That's when I finally caught on to her scent and began running faster towards the woman's little hididng place behind a small cafe eight blocks down. "Nanami. There you are." She was sitting near an old dumpster, the files spread out in front of her. Just as I'd expected, she was peeping in on what these files were about. She looked up at me with wide eyes. As she spoke, her mouth quivered, "Y-You are...a-are....y-y-you..." "You can shut that pretty little mouth of yours. These files were never meant to be seen by anyone but myself and Mr. Yunoshiwa, Inuyo. Now, may I have my papers back, dear?" Her body shook back about a foot, as far as she could get while being by a dumpster. I picked up each paper, taking my good time placing them in correct order and in the envelope along with it's broken seal. "There, now that should do it. Since I don't trust you anymore, I'll be taking these back." I turned around and started to simply walk away from the young woman. "I don't care if you fire me! You're a monster!" I felt a sweet smile creep up upon my lips. Turning around to face her, I knew that she was scared lifeless. "Oh, Nanami. Being fired should be the least of your worries now." My blood craved senses flew through my body and I ran towards her, penetrating her thin abdoman with my entire arm. Her blood splattered everywhere, but a sprinkle fell onto the side of my lips. I licked her sweet blood and noticed that it had tasted like fear. It was amazing. Her mouth quivered, as if trying to speak to me, but my long, knife-like, silver claws snuck up to the back of her head and penetrated through her head and out of her two eyes. "Oh, Nanami-san, never get into precious business that could cost you your life." I pulled my arm out, returning myself to a normal sense. Eventually, my body calmed itself and I stared at her corpse for a while longer. Every now and then I got that feeling of sorrow seeing all of that blood. But, it still meant nothing to me. "Oh, and Nanami," I acted as if her soul could here me," Yes, I am Haruna Ikeda, enjoy hell."