Chapter 1

It took several years for the town to reach its current state. A substantial amount of people did unthinkable things to build the game that dictated the rules that things currently went by.

Meanwhile, in the dimly lit cabaret, the patrons eagerly conducted their business, taking advantage of the ambiance and the patrons' inebriated state.

The air was charged with excitement and anticipation, and there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke and whiskey in the air. The powerful people, who operated in the shadows, were present and ready to pounce on their prey. They were gathered around the stage, their faces obscured by the dim light that filtered through the heavy curtains. Their expressions were a mix of eagerness and hunger for the upcoming events of the night.

It was very curious, the way that all the work put into creating the perfect "vibe" of the place had gotten the job done, in a way that the place was somewhat like a dark dreamland. Fire took place in all sorts of illegal ways there, and perfectly "good citizens" with perfectly fine and straight lives became other people entirely. Code names were created to keep things hidden and sometimes it did look like it was indeed a portal to a different world.

Amidst the labyrinthine corridors backstage, where mirrors reflected fractured images of eager faces and whispered conversations, the atmosphere crackled with clandestine energy. Each step seemed to echo with the weight of the client's intentions as if the very floorboards held the secrets of the town's darkest desires.

The cabaret itself exuded an intoxicating charm, a blend of decadence and danger that drew in patrons like moths to a flame. The soft glow of the lights cast shadows that danced seductively across the faces of the crowd, obscuring the lines between fantasy and reality. Behind the facade of elegance and sophistication, however, lay a world teetering on the edge of chaos.

Within the confines of the cabaret's walls, the rules of society seemed to bend and warp, twisted by the hands of those who held power in the shadows. Illegal dealings thrived in the darkness, whispered conversations passing like wildfire from one eager ear to the next. Code names, like whispered incantations, hung heavy in the air, shrouding the true identities of those who sought refuge in the cabaret's embrace.

For the management, the cabaret was more than just a business venture—it was a sanctuary, a haven where the rules of the outside world held little sway. They watched from the sidelines, their hearts heavy with the weight of secrets that threatened to unravel at any moment. In the flickering shadows of the backstage, they prayed that their creation would remain hidden, a forbidden oasis in a desert of conformity.

But in the heart of the cabaret, where the lines between reality and illusion blurred, anything was possible. And as the night wore on, and the flames of desire burned ever brighter, the management could only watch and wait, hoping against hope that their world would remain forever hidden from prying eyes.

As the tension thickened backstage, a figure emerged from the shadows, his footsteps silent against the worn floorboards. Dressed in a sleek black suit that hugged his frame like a second skin, Don Marco "Viper" Santoro cut a striking figure amidst the swirling chaos of the cabaret. His piercing gaze swept over the assembled crowd, a predatory glint dancing in his eyes as he surveyed his domain.

"Evening, gentlemen," Vincent drawled his voice a smooth velvet rasp that carried an air of authority. "I trust the preparations for tonight's festivities are proceeding according to plan?"

A murmur of assent rippled through the gathered throng, the atmosphere crackling with an undercurrent of anticipation. One of the men, a portly figure with a cigar clenched between his teeth, stepped forward to address Vincent.