Out comes the truth

Katy took a deep breath, her voice trembling as she finally let out the words she had been holding back. "I'm really sorry for not speaking up earlier. I thought no one would believe me. I just..." Her voice broke, and tears started streaming down her face. "I didn't know how to express it."

Anastasia wrapped her arms around Katy, offering comfort. "Hey, it's alright. Don't worry. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No one should ever have to."

Katy looked up, her eyes pleading. "Can you promise not to tell anyone?"

"I promise," Anastasia said firmly. "But what are you going to do? You can't let him get away with this. He assaulted you, and now you're going to have his baby!"

"I don't know right now. I really don't," Katy admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Anastasia squeezed her hand. "We're going to figure this out together, okay?" she said, offering a reassuring hug.

Katy nodded, her voice soft. "Yes, please."

Just then, the door opened, and the doctor walked in. "Katy Williams?"

"Yes, that's me," Katy replied, trying to steady her nerves.

"Hello, Katy. Nice to meet you. I'll be your doctor today. You can call me Mrs. Nova," the doctor said with a warm smile.

"Hello, Mrs. Nova. Nice to meet you. This is my best friend, Anastasia. She'll be accompanying me today," Katy introduced.

"Hello, nice to meet you," Anastasia added.

Mrs. Nova looked at the two girls, noticing their flushed faces. "Hello, nice to meet you. Are you girls okay? I see rosy cheeks."

Katy's voice wavered as she tried to explain. "Um, yes. This is all just so overwhelming, and we're very excited."

"Ah, yes. The first time is always a bit nerve-wracking, but don't worry, I'm here to help," Mrs. Nova reassured them.

"Let's get started, shall we? Okay, Katy, you're going to lie down, and we're going to get the heartbeat first, okay?"

"Okay," Katy agreed, lying down as instructed.

Mrs. Nova used the fetal Doppler to capture the baby's heartbeat, the room filled with the soft, rhythmic sound.The baby's heart was beating perfectly and the baby was measuring well. "Okay Katy that's all we're gonna do for today, I shall see you again in two weeks." Says Mrs.Nova

"Katy, that's great news, right?" Anastasia said.

"Yes, it's the best news, I can't wait to hold my precious little baby," katy replied

"After the appointment, Aunt Amalia drove I and Anastasia back to my house. She waved us goodbye and sped off, she
had a lot to do for the gender reveal/baby shower."

"Come on, this heat's got me beat," says Anastasia.

"Yeah, I could go for a nap," Katy replies.

But as they enter the house, they hear Nathan talking to someone—but not just anyone; it was a girl.