Sparring and Sparks

Bakugo tried his best to look disinterested and annoyed as he watched Todoroki spar with Mina; Eager for his own turn in the ring. Bakugo and Todoroki had both won their brackets and were set to fight next, if Icy Hot would hurry the hell up and beat Bug Eyes already. Katsuki wasn't the only one anticipating the upcoming show, The rest of Class 1-A were equally as invested in seeing two of the top students duke it out.

The blonde gave an approving nod, acknowledging a particularly impressive counter maneuver that Todoroki did. Shoto had definitely improved over the years.

Mina was no chump herself - she could hold her own against most of the class - but Todoroki was on another level. He moved like a dancer, fluid and graceful, but with power behind every strike. Bakugo knew that feeling all too well; it was reminiscent of the sensation you get when there's so much energy inside you that it's just waiting to burst out. However, something about Todoroki's style was different, almost...calculated. It was like he was thinking several steps ahead, instead of just reacting to what was happening in the moment.

This theory proved to be correct when Todoroki sent out a wave of ice, catching Mina off guard, and causing her to trip. She was quickly incased in a mini, frozen prison. The match was over.

Todoroki had won, and now it was time for Bakugo to face him.

The blonde-haired boy began stretching as Shoto caught his breath, taking the time to melt Mina's chilly enclosure with his left hand.

As Shoto regained his strength, Bakugo couldn't help but sneak glances at him; Watching the annoyingly attractive way the taller boy's chest rose and fell with his breathing.

His eyes were drawn to the stark contrast between Todoroki's fiery red and icy white hair. The color division so sharp and clean, mirroring the duality of his Quirk.

Bakugo angrily tore his eyes away, frustrated at the inability to control his thoughts.

"You ready yet?" Bakugo called out, trying to sound more grounded than he was. "I don't have all day here, Todoroki!"

Shoto cocked an eyebrow, staring blankly back at him.

"You do have all day, actually. It's the class assignment". 

Bakugo went red as his classmates tried to stifle their giggles. That damn literal nerd!

"I know that, you damn half and half bastard! That's why you need to hurry up!" Bakugo yelled, clenching and unclenching his fists repeatedly.

Todoroki sighed, having finished thawing Mina out and stepping back into the ring. Bakugo smirked, preparing himself for anything. Todoroki was clever and quick, he needed to stay on his toes. Katsuki rubbed his sweat-soaked palms together, readying his explosion Quirk; Muscles tensed, waiting for the signal to start.

"Go!", yelled Mr. Aizawa.

Todoroki just needed one good opening, and the match would be his. He watched Bakugo carefully, noting every flicker of movement, every twitch of muscle. Each second felt like an eternity as the two fighters danced around each other, trying to find an opportunity to strike. Suddenly, Bakugo lunged—a desperate attempt at catching Todoroki off guard. Yet, Todoroki was ready. He sidestepped easily, his movements fluid and precise, and with a quick flick of his wrist a curtain of flames surged towards Bakugo, causing him to rocket out of the way.

Katsuki smirked as he landed,

"Really? You're opening with your fire? Guess you really aren't mad at daddy anymore, hmm?". He jabbed, hoping to throw his opponent off his game.

Todoroki let the corner of his mouth turn up just a bit, but didn't say anything — Bakugo hated the way that he found that tiny hint of a smile so attractive.