PROLOUGE

THE ARRANGEMENT

Lear and Elliot are meeting together after such a long time. They share casual greetings and talk until Lear says "It is all right but what do you want to talk about? I am sure you didn't call me all the way here to talk about recent affairs now did you?"

"You know me too well," Elliot replied. "I wanted to talk about our children.'

"What about them?"

"Impatient as always I see."

"Well it is about our kids why would I not be?"

"Since you are so impatient. I will get straight to it."

"As you should" Eliot looked at Lear with a 'Are you kidding me' look. Lear makes an Innocent look and says, "Well I am just stating facts." Elliot leaves a heavy sigh thinking about why he even bothered with Lear and continues his previous statement ignoring Lear's remark. "I want our kids to be married." He stated that he had not just dropped something as huge as that on his only best friend. "What?"

"I think you heard me correctly the first time around."

"I did but..."

"But what Lear? Hmm, we have been friends for as long as I can remember. Don't you think we should marry our kids? I mean don't you want that?"

"I do want It and I think that would be a great idea but do you think they want It? I mean we wouldn't want to impose something this big on them. Would we?"

"Of course not! But do you think with the reputation they hold anyone would marry them? I mean they could marry them for their money but even they would be scared of them. It's only them both who are not scared of each other. So it's the only solution. What do you say?"...... "We both know what I said is true." Elliot continued noticing Lear's hesitation.

"I mean you are right but ...."

"But what Lear! Won't it be great? If they get married they will have to stop this nonsense rivalry and our world will be at peace again! I mean we are one wrong move away from a war which we don't even want."

"I know! But they will kill each other or us if we even remotely get near the Idea of them getting married."

"Well it can't hurt to try now, can it? So please say you will talk to Les about it."

"Sure I will talk to Les about it. Just pray I am not dead by tomorrow."

"Oh! She loves you too much to do that."

"Well you say this now, but you wait and watch."

"Lear! You are the head don of a mafia, you established one and you are scared of a 24-year-old."

"Okay, you want to play this game? Sure we will play this game. Why don't you go and tell your '24-year-old son' about It right now? Hmm."

"Umm.... ."

"See neither one of us wants to do it"

"Yeah, you are right. But I think I have an idea of how we can change that. A deal they cannot refuse."

"I think I know what you are suggesting."

                                                                                     ****