Chapter 4

(Continuing on from last chapter)

Simon's POV:

In Drama, we just watched some introductory videos on Romeo and Juliet and practiced Act I. At the end of Drama, we were packing up our things when Harry asked: "Since you're coming to play football with us...want to go together?" I smiled and happily agreed. 

We were walking in the direction of the football pitch when I noticed Harry trembling from the cold. 

"Hey man, you're freezing!" I said, worried. 

"Nah, I'm all good, don't worry 'bout it," Harry replied, still shaking.

 "We could stop by my house, it's only like two minutes from here." 

"You sure, Simon?"

"Yes, come on." I answered. Although, I was worried my parents would be home and would embarrass me.

As we entered my house I was relieved to find out that my parents weren't home. We headed up to my room, and I got him a hoodie from my closet. I thought that this would also be a good opportunity to change into some football kits. I gave Harry a Leeds kit on purpose because I knew he supported Chelsea. "EW DON'T GIVE ME THIS SHIT TEAM" Harry screamed. I burst out laughing as he grumpily put the Leeds shirt on. When it was my turn to change I got a bit embarrassed because I didn't feel that comfortable changing in front of Harry. "Oh my bad," He said turning around, getting the hint. 

When we left my house, it was already dark. We were on our way to the pitch, phone flashlights in hand, when we heard a noise.

"What the fuck was that?" Harry said grabbing on to my arm.

"I-I don't know" I replied.

We looked around searching for the source but found nothing and continued walking. Harry was still scared, and he interlocked his fingers with mine. I blushed and grabbed his hand tighter, both to reassure him and because I didn't want to let go.

                                                                                   ————

We walked together hurriedly, relieved to finally walk in the light the floodlights from the pitch were emitting. We walked through the fence-gate and onto the football pitch, where the rest of the guys were passing around the football and taking penalties. 

Third Person POV: 

"Took you long enough," JJ said, his eyes on Harry and Simon's interlaced fingers.

"Yea, also Harry when did you start supporting Leeds?" Josh says with a snort.

"NO I DON'T SUPPORT THEM. SIMON MADE ME WEAR THIS DUMB KIT" Harry screamed.

The rest of his friends laughed, while Harry jokingly glared at Simon. JJ smirked, noticing that Harry and Simon were really close, despite only knowing the other for two days. JJ knew that Harry wasn't straight, and looking at what he saw in front of him, he thinks Harry had developed a crush on Simon.

"Okay guys, let's play!" Ethan said excitedly.

Harry, Tobi and Ethan were on a team, and JJ, Simon and Josh on the other. Vikk was gaming with some of his other friends this evening, from Australia... for some reason, so he wasn't there.

                                                                                   ————

Harry had the ball. He was running, dribbling past Josh and JJ. He got ready to shoot, but just then, he felt a studded foot push at his ankle, throwing Harry to the ground. Harry's foot ached, but he wasn't injured. He shouted: "BREXIT TACKLE. BREXIT TACKLE"

The others laughed, whilst Simon said "Brexit means Brexit," with a smirk. He put his hand out, helping Harry get back up. Harry jokingly said "Ya bastard!". Then they continued with the game, Harry keen for vengeance.

                                                                                   ————

At the end of the match, the guys were all amazed at Simon's ability.

"Damn Simon, you're really good!" Tobi said with a smile.

"You're better than like ALL of us." Josh agreed.

"Yea, you should definitely  join the school football team. Tryouts tomorrow." JJ said.

"And the first match is on Thursday," Ethan added.

"Thanks guys, I think I will try out." Simon replied.

"Try to hold off on the Brexit tackles though," Harry said sarcastically with a groan.

They all laughed and agreed.

"Let's do a second match." Tobi said.

"And a CROSSBAR CHALLENGE." Harry said enthusiastically.

                                                                                   ————

They finished playing football at around 21:30, after chatting and joking a bit more. Simon said goodbye to everyone, and they all left.

                                                                                   ————

Simon's POV:

As I was walking back home, I decided to check my phone to distract myself from the eery environment.

                                                                                   ————

47 new notifications from Messages:

Dickheads - Chippocrimes 🐸: Simon wya we're waiting for you                             20:28

Dickheads - Theo 🏌️‍♀️: Simon where the FUCK are you?!                                              20:34

Dickheads - Lux (cal #2) 🥴: SIMONNNN 😡                                                                     20:49

Freezy (cal #2)👽: Simon we were supposed to meet at senor frogs today?    21:10

Freezy (cal #2)👽: What tf happened?                                                                              21:11

Chris 🖕: Mate u bailed on us.                                                                                              21:24

- Unlock to view more -

                                                                                   ————

Oh shit.

                                                                                   ————

Okay another chapter COMPLETE

And now there's some drama in itttt

See you next chapter xx