3. Fucking Hot

I rush inside my brother's room just before he can slam the door on my face

I rush inside my brother's room just before he can slam the door on my face. He glares at me for a second trying to process what I was even doing.

"Are you out of your mind? What if I hadn't sensed you and shut the door on your hand?" He asked pulling me inside by my elbow towards the chair in his room. I wince at the force with which he was holding my wrist.

"You are hurting me, Shish..." I hiss and he immediately leaves my elbow and looks at me with an apologetic face and then runs his fingers through his hair while pacing around the room.

I keep looking at him quietly not uttering a word. While trying to process the information given to me. I was probably going to get married because I said yes.

Maybe I had doomed my own fate by agreeing to the man that my parents had selected for me.

Maybe I was going to regret this decision for the rest of my life.
Maybe I would have to give up all my wishes and aims in life for this man and be a soft, innocent and domesticated woman.
Maybe...

"Why did you say yes?" Debashish finally asked while looking at me his hand on his neck as he leaned against the wall. Looking at me his eyes glowed with a sort of muted rage.

I wait for a second trying to find a reason why I said yes. When my mind and heart was screaming to say no. I know that it was not just my parents telling me how they wanted me to give this guy a chance. It felt like something beyond just me saying yes.

"I don't know." I replied honestly while my head slumped down a little as I saw my toes wiggling. And then I take in a deep breath trying to push back the tears that were clouding my senses.

"Don't cry..." Debashish rushed towards me and kneeled down in front of the chair I was seated in. Taking my hands into his and firmly grasping them as if the stop them from trembling on the hem of my shirt. His other hand reached up to cup my face and make me look into his eyes.

His eyes which were extremely identical to mine.

"Deba... You can't cry ok? At least not until I am alive. What will happen to my manly reputation? If you cry so will I! It is the twin emotion connection thing!" He groaned and wiped the tears that had slipped down without me realising.

"We can't let your manly reputation go down the drain now can we?" I asked as I snorted a laugh while still feeling a lump of tears in my throat.

"Of course we can't. What would happen to me without my fake reputation?" He asked with a small grin on his face. I felt even worse than before after listening to him trying to comfort me. I was going to leave my brothers, bhabhis and parents for an unknown man!

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him into a tight hug.

I bit my lower lip suppressing my cry and tried to take the comfort I always got from him.