one- accents

"Oh my god, he is SO cute!" She says into her best friend's ear

"Oh my god, he is SO cute!" She says into her best friend's ear. Priscilla doesn't know which 'he' Maribel is referring too. The two girls sitting at the bar had direct view of a group of 15 guys, give or take.

"Which one?" Priscilla asked because, to her, there were 2 super cute ones.

"The sexy one!" Maribel teased, knowing they had incredibly different tastes. She grinned out of a love for cute guys, which she hoped would never go away.

For 4 years, Priscilla and Maribel had been saving (in a creative sort of way) to go on a month and a half long trip to Europe during the summer. The trip had finally hit them on a sunny tuesday morning and they were ready. Ready was a bit of both and understatement and overstatement. The two had scrambled to pack their pink suitcases in a drunken haze; half of their suitcases were filled with laughter and hope. On the other hand, Priscilla's itinerary was printed and laminated in a special folder. Maribel was giddy with excitement and intensity; this was her first trip ever (if you discount her families voyage from guatemala to the U.S when they immigrated). She didn't know what to expect besides cute guys, clubs, walking and tons of pictures.

Maribel was nearing 25 at the time of their trip while Priscilla was already 25. But, their friendship had begun 10 years prior when they were both transfers to their school their sophomore year of high school. Their love reached ways even God thought impossible, they were soulmates in every universe and in multiple ways in their current one. Maribel loved Priscilla to the end of the world, as did Priscilla. The girls were integrals and derivatives of each other, their favorite songs meshing into one (as did their souls). So, as they sat together at the Spanish bar, feet touching, they felt right.

"The one with the skinny face and bumpy nose." She clarified once Priscilla had looked at her, her face dripping of 'are you kidding me?'

Priscilla squinted and took another look. "Him?! Maribel..." Her eyebrows shot up, Maribels mouth fell wide open. How could she not think he was cute? Priscilla's face was overtaken by a disappointment that she held onto to use on her best friend.

"Yes, really! He's so... ugh. I don't get how you don't see it." She laughs and twirls her hair. Maribel never really had a specific type; just hot.

"I like this other one better, the dark one with the black hair."

Maribel instantly agreed with her friend. "Oh for sure. He looks a little old almost."

"I don't mind." With that, the girls laughed.

"I know. Trust me I know." Their table shook with laughter as they remembered. Priscilla had gone after her 63-year-old econ professor and failed miserably. They laughed until their hair grew gray.

When the bartender came to serve them, Maribel took the lead.

"Hola, esta es mi mejor amiga y ella quiere practicar su espanol. Esta bien si ella practica con usted? Porfa?" (Hi, this is my best friend and she wants to practice her spanish. Is it ok if she were to practice with you? Please?) She gave her best flirty smile (it was as fool proof as the bend and snap) an gave a quick prayer that he would say yes.