04

♫ ♪ ♫ Melodic Bonds ♫ ♪ ♫

Maddie's P.O.V

Their performance started with Joaquin strumming his guitar. Then the guy from the garden started to sing, surprising me. The guy I saw at the playground was also beside him. I couldn't process it all – how did all these guys I encountered know each other?

Take me as you are

Push me off the road

The sadness

I need this time to be with you

I'm freezing in the sun

I'm burning in the rain

The silence

I'm screaming, calling out your name

As the music filled the air, my confusion lingered. Joaquin's melodic guitar strumming and the unexpected singing talent of the guy from the garden and the guy that I met yesterday created a captivating performance. Their voices harmonized, creating a captivating melody that filled the room. I watched, still processing what was happening.

And I do reside in your light

Put out the fire with me and find

Yeah, you'll lose the side of your circles

That's what I'll do if we say goodbye

Amidst the confusion, I found myself drawn into the music, appreciating the unexpected performance of the Ecliptic. The line between what's known and unknown started fading, and I went along with the music, letting the tunes lead me through this unplanned journey of connections.

To be is all I gotta be

And all that I see

And all that I need this time

To me the life you gave me

The day you said goodnight

As the song ended, the audience erupted in applause. As the applause subsided, Joaquin stepped forward with a smile, his eyes glancing briefly in my direction. He waved at me with a big smile and I waved back at him. They performed two more songs before the MC stepped up to the stage again. The MC, with enthusiasm, took control of the stage once more. "Wasn't that an amazing performance by ECLIPTIC? Let's give them another round of applause!"

The audience responded with cheers and claps, appreciating the vibrant energy the band brought to the celebration. The MC continued, "Now, as we continue with the celebration, we have more surprises lined up for you. Stay tuned for some exciting games, delicious treats, and of course, more dazzling performances!"

"Did you enjoy our performance?"

I was startled by the sudden question from the guy beside me, the one from the school garden.

"You're easy to startle." he chuckled.

"So, how was our performance?" he asked again.

"It's amazing, you're a good singer." I said, trying to make it less awkward. I wasn't used to complimenting someone.

He grinned and nodded, as if he had been expecting it. "Glad you liked it," he responded. After that, silence fell between us, and it felt awkward that he was being nice to me.

"Hunter, gosh, you're here! The other guys have been looking for you!" The silence was abruptly interrupted by a voice with fox-like eyes. But what did he call him?? Hunter?