I.

In the house full of darkness, I am on my bedroom hiding under the blanket. I am afraid from the voices that I wanted to keep in silence.

“Who is it Tina?! Who is it?!” said madly of a man voice after I heard of something that sounded like glass being thrown and broken.

“Here we go again, can you shut up???” defend by a voice of a woman to the man having an argument to each other.

“I know you’re cheating on me! Who’s the man???” I can hear how the man is so mad that I can also hear his grinding teeth and imagine how he want to hurt the woman his talking to.

I wanted to go outside my bedroom and shut those voices whose keeping noises in the living room, but I can’t…. For I know that these voices, the man and the woman, are my parents. I am afraid that if I intervene they will leave me, but in the same time, I am afraid that they hurt each other more. I tried to cover up my ears more by my pillow and hide more from the blanket, I don’t want to hear these voices anymore.

“Your crazy Leo! We’re leaving!” shout by mother whose already short tempered.

“No! You are not leaving! I will kill your man! I will kill you both!” father shouted back.

But I can’t bear it anymore. I nervously remove the pillow that covering up my ears and got out from the blanket. I got up with my trembling feet, walking towards the door. I calm my self, wiping the tears on my face. I wanted to end this craziness.

“You’re obsess Leo! You’re crazy!” shout again of my mother, in cracking voice.

“You b*t______”

“SHUT UP!!!” I yell loudly after opening the door, so loud that my trembling body got out of energy, and gave up on the ground. I kneel and I support it with my hand on the ground. I look down to my knees, letting my tears flow down.

“S-shut up… P-please s-shut up…” I sob again and again, my tears went down to my knees until it reach the ground.

Silence prevailed around, the moment of silence longed for minutes. All I can hear was my sobs and sniffles.
I looked up to see my parents on the living room. But I realized one thing, I was all alone. All the things I have heard was all in the past.

“Ma… Pa…” I whispered, I let my body sit on the ground and I moved my knees to hug it.

Here it is, again. I am lost again. I am acting up again. Why is this happening to me?!

I heard the door open on the side of living room. But I didn’t bother to even look at it. I don’t know what’s real or not. I feel lost. I continued to sob, hugging my knees more tightly.

“Rye?” I’ve heard a voice on the door, realizing the lights from the outside entering my house, forming a shadow of a man that can reach me.

“Rye!” He called worriedly again. I’ve heard his footsteps running towards me. It is him, worried about me. “What happened?! Are you okay? Why-----” I hugged him, stopping him from asking. I cried on his shoulders, letting my tears filled his sleeve.
I felt his hand brushed my back, comforting me. “I-It’s a-all ha-happening again Jave.” I said shakily while still sobbing.

He is Jave, the love of my life. The one who saved me from my dark past and still saving me. I don’t know what to do without him. I probably be drown to darkness if I didn’t meet him. I am thankful that he didn’t give up on me since that day.

***

I walked towards the counter of the café after the guard greeted me happily at the glass door. I walked with proper posture, with heads up. I fixed the collar of my button down white long sleeves which is tucked in to my high waist maong pants.

“Good morning ma’am! How can I help you?” said the cashier at the counter with a smile on his face. I just looked at him coldly and focused on the menu.

“I would like to have one iced espresso with cold foam.” I said directly, while looking into his eyes blankly.

“Nothing else ma’am?” he asked

“Nothing else.” I said.

“Dine in? Or take me out?” he asked once again winking at me, making my eyebrows meet.

“What?!” I surprisingly asked.

“Hahaha… I’m sorry… I mean, dine in or take out ma’am?” correcting what he said, smirking.

“Take out. Where’s your manager?” I immediately ask, I don’t want this nonsense to slip.

“Wait… wait… wait miss, easy. I’m just joking around. You look sad, so____”

“I don’t need your pity, and I’m not in the mood for this. So, where’s your manager?” I asked again, annoyed. I look around to see if there’s someone going to near to me.

“Hay…” he sighed before answering. “He’s already in front of you miss.” He winked at me making me disgusted followed by his giggle that annoys me.

“Psh, can you stop winking?!” I was already annoyed to this man. I know what he was doing is not that big and he already apologize, but I have a bad day so that is his bad. “The owner! Call the owner!” I ordered.

“Oh my god miss, I’m afraid I can’t.” He act like he was sad.

“Why? You’re afraid to be fired to your job? Huh?”

“Nope! Not even a bit.” He smiled at me. He really is something!

“You know, I really need to see the owner of this café. He has to know what their employees doing!” I ordered again, pissed off.

“Easy maam, breathe.” He even had his hand lying signing to breath. “You may get into hypertension here. I’m sorry for my employee’s gesture.” He smirked.

“What??? You’re employee???”

“Jave the owner of Java’s Café at your service!” he salute at me. “What’s your name ma’am?”

“I guess I know why you have a little employee here.” I crossed my arms. “And I’m sorry I don’t give my name to some random person.”

“I’m sorry too ma’am but I don’t receive judgments, only feedbacks. And the name is for the order, not for me.” He got a cup on the side of him. “And please take it faster, there’s many people waiting beside you.” He said again, pointing behind me with his lips. I looked at my back and saw many people who’s in the line, some we’re pissed off and some we’re laughing.

“Psh…” I rolled out my eye.

“So what’s your name ma’am? Are you still gonna order?” he ready his pen, waiting for what I was gonna say.

“Rye (Pronounce as Ray)” I said, compelled. Even though I wanted to take my order back, I don’t want to make a scene here. “How much is it?”

“Nice name, sounds like a queen to me.” I took a glance at him. “Okay, okay. It’s 150 pesos ma’am. Cash or card?”

“Cash.” I started to look for my wallet at my red hand bag and got 500 pesos out from it. I gave it to him and he pointed me at some seat to wait on. I immediately go there and I take my phone out while waiting.

After waiting for minutes, I take my phone back to my bag and I look around. I somehow appreciate the look of this place. The ambiance of this place is relaxing. The paint of the wall is milky white and it’s floor is in birch wood colored tiles. It has hanging lights on the ceiling. I’ve come to noticed that this café has employees too except for him the owner who’s annoying people at the counter. I looked at the two servers who looked and smiled at me. There’s a girl and boy server and the other employee is his security guard.

“Here’s your order ma’am.” The girl employee said. She gave me my order but I noticed that there’s an add on. There’s empanada in the container, which I didn’t order. But the thing that I really noticed is the note which is attached to it’s container.

Here’s for the RYEna, your welcome😉