ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ- ʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ᴛsᴜᴋᴀsᴀ

༄𖧷༄

Taiju's roar echoed through the clearing, a desperate charge fueled by loyalty and fear. He barreled towards Tsukasa, a human missile propelled by the need to protect his friends. Senku's heart pounded in his chest, mirroring is sense of urgency as he reached for the crossbow hidden in a nearby vase.

This wasn't how he'd planned to use the weapon Shiori had tirelessly helped him create during most nights, but seeing Taiju's unwavering determination left him with no choice.

He aimed, his vision narrowing on the space between Tsukasa and Taiju. A clean shot, that was all he needed to hopefully separate the two of them. He squeezed the trigger, the makeshift arrow propelled forward with a satisfying twang.

 He squeezed the trigger, the makeshift arrow propelled forward with a satisfying twang

But Tsukasa was a whirlwind of honed reflexes. In a blur of motion, he saw the arrow coming, twisted his body with impossible speed, and snatched the projectile out of the air with his bare hand. The arrow dug itself into the ground as Tsukasa tossed it aside.

Taiju skidded across the floor into a halt, his chest heaving, eyes filled with heroic defiance. Shiori let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, relief washing over her as quickly as it was replaced by renewed anxiety as to what is to happen now?

Tsukasa's gaze snapped to Taiju, a flicker of something akin to respect and shock crossing his features. Here was someone who stood their ground, someone who dared to fight back, however futile it seemed. With a swift kick that sent a gust of wind towards Taiju, Tsukasa launched his counterattack.

Luckily, Taiju, fueled by adrenaline, managed to react. He brought his arm up in a desperate block, barely deflecting the blow. The force sent him skidding back across the ground, his knuckles bruised heavily with the effort. Shiori watched, breath catching in her throat, as Taiju crumpled to the ground, groaning in pain.

Tsukasa, however, seemed… surprised and intrigued. He studied Taiju, his eyes narrowed.

"You're the first person who's managed to remain standing after receiving my kick. Yes...and even more interestingly it wasn't that you failed to attack me just now, but that you refused to. Why?" He asked.

"I don't hit people! You can hit me or kick me all you want, but stop destroying the statues, killing people is bad!" Taiju proclaimed as he laid out his bare chest in a sort of offering, it was a valiant effort but...

Seriously...read the mood man. Shiori thought but that might be too much of a tall order considering Taiju's personality.

"Taiju, let me get this straight. You'll let me keep hitting you and never fight back, therefore, don't destroy the statues. Is that right?" Tsukasa surmised and Shiori understood his need to be sure with the exact words that came out of Taiju's mouth, it's sounds ridiculous it's like her friend is asking to be bullied.