Surprising Twist

They saw some unfamiliar people entering the room hurriedly to approach them, but they recognized the leading face.

Dr. Smith smiled widely and Olivia's pale face started to turn alive. She got a ray of hope in her broken heart when her eyes met with the familiar face after a long time, and the person was none other than her mother Evelyn Whitley, Ronaldo Whitley's wife.

"Mama!" a whisper escaped from Olivia's mouth, in reply to that critical situation. At that time, she wanted to hug her mother tightly to release the burden of her heart by crying her heart out.

Unfortunately, all her inner desires vanished like camphor within the next few seconds, when Evelyn shifted her gaze from her daughter and instructed her people in a serious dominant voice, "Clear the room fast!"

Olivia felt a stinging pain in her heart when she noticed her mother wasn't giving her attention. She glanced at her mother with helplessness and shock, as she had expected her mother to embrace her right after their meeting. But in reality, her mother was busy doing her job by ignoring her maternal role. She thought her mother might have started to hate her for her deeds, and she could not blame her either for hating her, because she married Leo without her permission.

Meanwhile, four boys began their work, following instructions from their madam. They positioned themselves around the hospital bed, each holding essential medical equipment necessary to sustain the person who had fallen into a coma.

Evelyn grabbed her daughter's shoulders and tried to lift her from the floor to make her stand properly. Olivia got up from the floor and stood like a lifeless body in front of her mother, staring at her face with glossy eyes. It seemed as though she wanted to read her mother's inner thoughts about her.

She gave one glance at her daughter which conveyed blank emotions. After that, she ordered her in a solemn tone while fixing her sharp eyes on her men, "Come back to your senses, we have to leave this place now! Dr. Smith, we are ready!"

Olivia could not understand what her mother wanted to do at that time. Her mind was puzzled, trying to comprehend what was happening and, most importantly, how they could escape when the police had already reached the same floor.

She came out of her thoughts when she heard Dr. Smith's reply.

"Yes, Eve, be careful!"

Evelyn gave a nod in reply. Then Dr. Smith rushed toward the couch and pressed the hidden button behind it. As a result, Olivia dilated her eyes in surprise when she saw the floor start to go downwards along with her father's bed and those four men, just like we used to see during stage performances. Then she understood that the room had been made with many secrets including that trap door and those hidden stairs.

Evelyn exclaimed, "Run!" and hurried toward the bathroom, grasping her daughter's hand. Consequently, Olivia followed her mother, running without hesitation.

                                  ***

After entering the bathroom Evelyn closed the door and left her daughter's hand. Olivia saw the bathroom was normal except for one thing. She could not find a reason behind the existence of a large mirror inside a hospital bathroom. But as usual, she again enlarged her eyes in shock when she saw her mother place her right palm on the right corner of the mirror, and within the next few seconds, it was divided into two pieces. As a result, the inside of an elevator appeared in front of them.

"We need to leave now," Evelyn said, grabbing her daughter’s right hand and pulling her along. They entered the elevator, and Olivia's mother pressed the 'B' button to reach their destination.