Karma Judges Without Bias

DK was laughing like a maniac when he saw the latest breaking news on his large, luxurious TV screen.

Breaking News: Olivia Snyder has finally surrendered herself, and the police are now taking her to Abyss Hill Prison.

"You can see that we have been following the police vans since they left the court premises. After witnessing the horrible incident on the BRN bridge, we thought that Olivia Snyder had died along with her accomplice. But after some time, we noticed Mr. Andrew Gray receiving a call from an unknown person and leaving with a serious expression on his face, accompanied by his subordinates. So we decided to follow his car to satisfy our curiosity and learn more about this case.

While following his car, we realized that we were heading toward C.N Hospital. Another police van joined us along the way.

Upon reaching the place, we didn't know what was happening inside the hospital because media entry was strictly prohibited. We waited outside with patience in our hearts and many questions, curiosity, and anxiety in our minds about the police department's future actions.

After some time, we noticed that Andrew Gray's car left first from the scene. Then, a police van emerged from the hospital gate. Eventually, we observed Olivia Snyder sitting inside the van, handcuffed and looking down." The reporter narrated every detail, and DK's laughter intensified as he listened to her every word.

At that moment, a forty-five-year-old woman descended the stairs while he was busy laughing in joy at his significant success. She wore a navy blue long skirt paired with a yellow top, her green almond eyes shining beneath golden curly hair with bangs. A silver designer purse hung from her left shoulder.

She stood quietly behind DK and wrapped her arms around his waist, causing him to flinch at the sudden touch. But he didn't turn his face to see who it was because, after feeling the touch, he understood that it was none other than his beloved wife, Nadia Wilson.

A proud smile appeared on her face upon seeing the happiness on her husband's face after a long time. She spoke with satisfaction, placing her chin on her husband's left shoulder, "Congratulations, honey. You've finally won. I hope you can now sleep peacefully after defeating your old enemies."

"Thanks, Dia. Yes, you're right," DK replied and gave his wife a quick peck on her lips.

"Honey, I'm heading to the mall to buy some surprise gifts for our son. Do you need anything?" she asked, her voice filled with excitement and joy shining in her eyes.

"No, but don't forget to buy all his favorite things. He's coming back after eight years, and I want to give him everything he likes," DK replied, his face beaming with euphoria as if he had everything he ever wanted in life, but he didn't shift his gaze from the TV screen for a second.

"You seem more excited than I am to meet him," she teased, raising her left eyebrow. He responded with a wide smile.

"Honey, let's go shopping together," Nadia spoke softly, but her mind was filled with doubts about the reason behind her spouse's true happiness. She knew her husband loved their son more than his life, but he hated Evelyn's family the most. She wanted to see if her hubby was happy because their son was coming back to them or because he had finally succeeded in taking revenge on his enemies.

Her doubts turned into confirmation when DK replied in a casual tone without removing his stare from the flat screen, "Sorry, Dia, I can't go anywhere today. I have some urgent work to finish."

After hearing his reply, Nadia withdrew her hands from her husband's waist and looked at him with burning eyes. Her gaze reflected a mix of emotions: anger, frustration, sadness, and most importantly, the pain of defeat once again in the presence of their old enemy, who had always cast a shadow over their marriage from the beginning. DK's love for Nadia and their son meant nothing in the face of his hatred toward Evelyn.