I am Equivalent to a Magnet

Today started like any other. I woke up, put on my school uniform, brushed my teeth, and grabbed my dinner from last night. Pizza for breakfast grosses me out, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do to survive boarding school.

 I threw my books into a handbag. My last feeble attempt to get organized. Me having ADHD, I know that my last stitch effort will go down in flames. Also, why do I bring my books? I can't read without my brain being confused. My Dyslexia Doesn't let me be normal. I wiped off the grogginess from my face, and went to class.

 "Hey Flin!" my best friend, Kayla, came skipping over. "We have a new student I heard!" She always enjoys welcoming everyone. As I took my seat, Ms. Karen, my English teacher, stood up. "Class, this is Percy Jackson." 

Something in my mind clicked. That name attached itself to something buried deep in my mind. A rumor. Who's Jason? I asked myself internally. Percy's ocean eyes scanned the room, like looking for someone responsible to sit with. He ended up locking eyes with me, and something in his mind clicked. He nearly sprinted over to me. 

I opened my book, and in a hopeless attempt to unscramble the words, and failed, my head aching. Percy took out a book of his own. He started reading the book like everyone else, but the weird part was, when I looked at the book, it wasn't scrambled! "ιστορία των ελληνικών μύθων και θρύλων'' (history of Greek myths and legends) I whispered to myself, but the whole class turned to look at me in shock. Percy looked at me in a different expression like 'Damn, you should have told me!' told him what? I stared blankly at my normal text, but Percy pushed his book over, and whispered "I learned how to read English, you haven't." I stared at him in confusion, but gladly took the book. You know, until I learned that I was a human magnet for precious metals.