Chapter 1

God her skin was so warm. She breathed heavily. Her chest is moving up and down. Jiggling her breast. Such beautiful nipples. I could lick them for hours. I trailed down to her inner thigh.

God ,her skin was so warm. She breathed heavy. Her chest is moving up and down. Jiggling her breast. Such beautiful nipples. I could lick them for hours. I trailed down to her inner thigh.

"Oh wow. Oh wow."

She was so perceptive and open to what I was doing. Reacting to every touch and every tongue flick. I had forgotten how fun this was. I tugged at her lace panties, She got up and took them off for me. She was ready.

But if this was going to be the only time I was ever to get to touch her. If this was going to be the only sex I was ever going to have again. I wanted to savor it.

***

I spent my morning counting my gray hair. I stood backward at my bathroom mirror. Angling my handheld mirror to look at the dead hair at the center of my head. I pushed my brown hair back to cover it.

With my 40th birthday coming soon, I was pointing out everything wrong with my body. Of course, getting divorced six months ago, hadn't helped.

I hated everything. My hair. My crows feet. My chubby tummy. A realistic reflection.

My phone alarm goes off. So it was time to take a break from the mirror.

***

Driving through LA is terrible for your self esteem. I am not making jokes about the traffic. Growing up in the city of Angels, you either learn the back ways or become numb during the 5 clock jam.

"In TV news, The Saylor's Way reboot, the spin off of the popular 90's show, has supposedly been renewed for a second season."

I rolled my eyes at the mention of Saylor's Way.

"Show-runner Glen Emerson says the new season will have quite a few surprises."

I turned it off.

Driving though my old neighbor that made me...sad. I liked it there in the nice Burbank shrubs. I pulled up to the house where I used to live. The house I bought for Diane when she was pregnant.

I honked my horn. But does Dianne even come out to wave? No. Adien walks out with his headphones on. Eyes glued to his iPad. Without looking up, he gets into my backseat.

"You know, you can come sit in front?"

No response.

"I got bluetooth, if you want to play your music?"

He shook his head.

I love my son. More than anything. But he and I haven't been...connecting recently. I can't take it personally. He is 10, figuring out his identity as an individual. And I need to wait for him to open up.

Yes, I read parenting articles.

As I pull out of the driveway, my phone rings. My agent calling. I glanced at my rearview mirror and the kid didn't seem to be chatting, so I took the call.

I hoped Susan would give an update on my screenplay. It's in development. Still.

"Ryan, I got another call from Glen."

"To do Saylor's Way?"

"Ryan, they're raising the offer...for a recurring role."

The original Saylor's way had been the height of my career. I got it when I was 14 and I still get royalties from it.

"Glen's actually got an interesting role for you."

"Wouldn't I be playing the same character but older?"

I turned into Adien's school drop off line.

"Yea, but Tyler has now reformed through his love of poetry and now teaches English at the high school. He has got this whole plotline about becoming a mentor to the new "Tyler" character. Whose parents are going through a bad divorce."

My son actually looked up and showed interest.

I was surprised, because I was actually interested too.

I had said many times that I was done with acting. After the OG Saylor's Way, I had course-directed to more serious film projects. I studied literature and writing. I especially loved Romanticism poets.

I am a writer now. Well sometimes. I had said many times that I wouldn't TV again. But honestly, I didn't know anything anymore.

Adien looked out the window and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Have a good day." I managed to say before he sprinted out of my car. No response.

"What?" Susan asks through the speaker phone.

"I don't know," I said gently, keeping my foot on the brake.

"Well, Glen also said something else..."

"What?"

"There is a new producer he wants you to meet."