I

It was raining outside while The Duke of the Fortress of Meropide was just doing his usual work in his office. The man couldn't even see the murky sky nor notice the slightest sound of the hard rain outside, at least until he received a letter from his dearest lover, who's now known as one of the dragon sovereigns.

My Dear, Wriothesley

I'm having some trouble dealing with things by myself nowadays, and I believe that only your presence can help me wash away my frustration.

I hope you are not too busy with work so that you can read this letter as soon as it arrives.

I'd be very honored if you would make time to meet me at my place, might as well have a nice tea party if you are willing to.

But it's alright if you have other plans, I understand.

Yours faithfully,

Neuvillette.

Reading that letter, he immediately took the hint of what is happening now. Rising from his chair, he slipped his coat back on and left his office, a vaguely uncomfortable expression on his face. The duke does not often leave his fortress, so people were taken aback by his abrupt departure—not to mention his worried demeanor as he hurried out.

Once outside, he soon noticed the intense downpour, and he was pretty certain that Neuvillette would already be soaked in the midst of it at this point. With that thought, he grabbed his umbrella and scampered into the rain to quickly get to the Palais Mermonia.

ꕥꕥꕥ

A faint silhouette of a tall man standing in front of the Palais Mermonia's door could be seen, long hair and a dark blue attire, but his face obscured with the umbrella he's holding. The man is obviously one that Wriothesley would recognize—none other than Neuvillette, his lover. But it just looked pretty odd to him how the Iudex was using his umbrella now, as opposed to his customary practice of simply letting the rain fall on his figure.

Neuvillette became keen on the other man's presence almost instantly, his face turned to the other silhouette that was now slowly approaching him. He stood there, waiting for the man to approach and face him directly, not moving from his position at all.

As their gazes finally locked, there was just the sound of the rippling water to break the stillness between them. There was a narrow space separating them from one another. With Neuvillette seeming like he was in distress, Wriothesley took him in his arms and pressed a kiss on his lips. Eliciting feelings of both comfort and longing, which is nothing but tender.

As both lips parted, a tear was shed from the corner of Neuvillette's left eye. They had been in a relationship for a time, but Neuvillette still often felt embarrassed to express his true feelings for Wriothesley, so he hastily wiped the tear away with his own hand.

"What happened?" asked Wriothesley, his hand placed on Neuvillette's cheek, caressing it softly.

"I don't..really want to talk about it right now. Is that alright?" Neuvillette replied, his hand reaching Wriothesley's rough and battered hand on his cheek.

"It's alright. Let's go in first, okay? It's chilly here." Wriothesley then said before he led the man back to enter the Palais Mermonia.

Neuvillette felt warmer once again with Wriothesley's arm wrapped around his waist on their way back to his residence. A faint blush appeared on his elf-like ears, and all he's feeling right now is a sense of comfort.

Once the two men stepped into Neuvillette's room, Wriothesley sat his lover down onto the bed before also sitting beside him "Is there anything you need?" asked the dark-haired man.