Wei Wuxian's demonic cultivation earned the allied sects an upper hand in the war. They fought Wen Ruohan's army of corpses and disciples and finally they arrived at nightless city. All allied sects gave their all on the battlefield. The Corpses turned into fierce corpses, every fallen Wen Disciple was replaced by a fierce corpse. The battlefield was intense, the allied sects and their disciples were starting to feel their spiritual energy weakening. They knew that they wouldn't be able to hold on for long.

Wei Wuxian seeing that they were getting outnumbered jumped on the roof and put Chengqing on his lips and started playing a tune. The tune vibrated throughout the entire battlefield, the weak corpses turned into ashes, the fierce corpses started fighting the Wen Disciples. Wei Wuxian turned the tables and made Wen Ruohan's strongest corpses fight with the other corpses summoned by Wen Ruohan.

The allied sects upon getting the upper hand started killing the Wen army with the little spiritual energy they had left. Wen Ruohan came outside furious at the turn of events.
He looked at the battlefield and saw his own corpses killing his people. He then turned to his left side to see a boy playing with a flute that seems to be controlling everything that's happening on the battlefield. Wen Ruohan glared at Wei Wuxian, who in turn gave him an evil grin.

Wen Ruohan: " who do you think you are?", " How are you doing all of this?".

Wei Wuxian bowed to Wen Ruohan

Wei Wuxian: " Wen sect leader, this lowly life's name is Wei Wuxian", he answered with a grin.

Wen Ruohan: " where did you get the other piece of yin metal??, did that bastard Xue Yang give it to you??"

Wei Wuxian raised his hands and the stygian tiger amulet appeared on his hands, he lets it float in the air and said "this is not the yin metal, this is the stygian tiger amulet, and how can Xue Yang give me something I created myself??"

Wen Ruohan: " how dare a pathetic low life like you show such arrogance??, saying this Wen Ruohan raised his hand and called forth Wei Wuxian, and Wei Wuxian raised his hands and made the stygian tiger amulet disappear as he felt himself getting pulled by the Wen Sect leader. Wen Ruohan held Wei Wuxian by the neck and started to press on to it hard. Wei Wuxian was struggling to get out of the hold, that is until Meng Yao took the sword and stabbed Wen Ruohan straight in the heart, killing him then and there.

Wei Wuxian fell but before he could hit the floor, Lan Wangji caught him, Wei Wuxian fell unconscious in Lan Wangji's arms. Lan Wangji took him to a room at the camp after the sects had decided that they'll be a banquet to celebrate their success within 4 days.

Wei Wuxian woke up three days later. Because of his lack of a golden core, his healing takes more time than a person with a golden core. When he woke up, he saw his Shijie smiling at him. That smile was enough to brighten Wei Ying's day, he looked at her and she hugged him.

Wei Wuxian: " Shijie, how long have I been out?"

Jiang Yanli: " A'xian, you were unconscious for three days, Lan Er Gongzi came and played cleansing every morning and night for you, he said that it helps calm the mind"

Wei Wuxian: " Shijie, who else visited me when I was out?"

Jiang Yanli: " Jiang Cheng, Lan Gongzi, and Sect leader Jin"

Wei Wuxian: " why was Sect leader Jin here?"

Jiang Yanli: " he said he wanted to check on how you were doing "

Wei Wuxian didn't feel good at the fact that sect leader Jin came here, he searched his robes and sighed in relief when he felt the amulet. As for Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian didn't want to talk about him, he felt like they will always be two worlds apart. He felt a connection to him but ignored it, he thought maybe it was nothing but the joy he once had when he wanted to befriend him.

Lan Wangji knocked on the door, it was time for him to play for Wei Wuxian, Jiang Yanli stood and told Wei Wuxian that it must be Lan Er Gongzi, so she went to the door and opened it, then she excused herself.

Wei Wuxian didn't want to be in the same room as the man who might judge him for the path he took. Wei Wuxian distanced himself from Lan Wangji. He didn't want to be anywhere near him. He tried everything from excuses to plain ignorance.

Lan Wangji just sat down and asked him to meditate, he even told him he'll leave after his meditation. Wei Wuxian complied and sat in a lotus position and started meditating. Wei Wuxian didn't even spend 3 minutes in meditation and he Started getting restless, he doesn't know how to sit in one place for a long period of time.

Lan Wangji told him to focus but he ignored him and started asking him questions

Wei Wuxian: "Lan Wangji, why are you doing this?"

Lan Wangji: " Using resentful energy disturbs one's temperament and disturbs the mind"

Wei Wuxian: " Do you also think I will lose control?"

Lan Wangji: " I do not know "

Wei Wuxian: " Lan Wangji, why are you interested in what happens to me,  who are you to me??, what relationship do you share with me??"

Lan Wangji: " who am I to you??"

Wei Wuxian: " I once thought of you as my soulmate "

Lan Wangji: " I still am"