Music.

Music is the name that we gave to sounds with meaning.
Sounds with meaning are sounds of peace, sounds of joy, sounds of life and death.
Sound is how we developed instruments.
Instruments develop music, music develops us.
Music is both masculine and feminine.
Music creates unity, bonds, family.
Music is the answer.
Music is the mother.
We are children of sound.
We are children of music.

__________

"Mama...Sing that song for me again, please," Yemi begged, tugging at the sleeve of his mother's heavily-patterned night gown. They were both sitting on the great armchair, a well cared for antique that was placed in their living room.. He was resting atop his mother's lap, his weight barely affecting her posture. She gazed at him, her cocoa-brown eyes glimmering with love, passion, admiration for the being that rested on her own body. Her soft lips pressed a kiss to his forehead as her mind filled with only joyful thoughts of him. Her son was unique in the best of ways. His eyes glistened with passion, his skin was smooth, almost perfect, his lips full and round. He was a child that showed true care for his mother, no matter the circumstance. When he asked her for something, she could never resist, even if she deeply wanted to.
With a soft sigh and a playful chuckle, she responded, "Of course, Yemi..I will sing it, but only if you promise to give me a big hug in return." He nodded his head in response, a small grin on his lips..
Within a few moments, the older woman began to hum a peaceful tune.
It was a lullaby for this child, a very special lullaby. A song passed down from generation to generation. It told a tale of love, maternal love, sacrifice, patience and compassion. It spoke of their family's culture, their background, their roots, their deeds, their rituals.
This song was one of the forest, of the sea, of the safari and of the desert..
A song of the ancestors. 
This song would stay with Yemi forever, and soon, he would share it with his own children, his other loved ones.
This song taught Yemi from a very early age that music would always have meaning..
That Music was a way of storytelling, a way of sharing family experiences, a way of sharing emotions.
It taught him that Music was a way of life.
"Yemi..Cherish this song. Because when I am gone, singing it will be the greatest way to remember me.." The lady's voice grew quieter as her song came to it's end. He tilted his head to the side in curiosity, but then nodded, only comprehending the fact that his mother was giving him a command.
At that time, Yemi could not understand his mother's statement fully, but he would be able to, eventually...

_____

Music is culture.