Chapter 1

Hi!
It's been a while since this story has been updated. But, good news! It wasn't abandoned, it's been on the making ever since.
I've been working with an amazing writer, Derek, for almost two years so we could bring the rest of Yelena, Kate and little Lena's story to life. He has added so much realism to the action scenes, especially to Kate's archery ones.
So, we both hope you all enjoy reading this story as much as we did creating it!

YELENA'S P.O.V.

Yelena found herself in her safehouse. She frowned as she looked around. Everything was as she had left it the last time she had been there. It was after she went with Sonya to free Ana, where she was turned into dust only to return five years later.

For a moment she closed her eyes. She liked how quiet it was. There were no worries in her mind. It was really peaceful as she untied her two ponytails, letting her blonde hair hang on either side of her face...

There was a knock on the door. A second and a third one when she did not open it. But for some odd reason she felt like everything was going to change. As the knocks came, Yelena felt compelled to open it...

Her eyes watered at the sight of her older sister carrying a small child in her arms; her niece.

"Tasha?" she did not mean her voice to sound so questioning, but she could tell by her sister's face that something was wrong.

Natasha just pulled her into a tight embrace with her free arm, so she did not hesitate to wrap her arms around her sister's waist. She pressed her face to the redhead's shoulder as she tried her best to control her emotions.

It had been too long since she had found herself in her big sister's comforting embrace, so she could not avoid complaining when Tasha pulled away to readjust the toddler set on her hip. However, before she could complain again, Natasha pressed her forehead against hers, gently cradling the back of her head to push her closer.

Yelena smiled slightly while staring into Natasha's green eyes. But her smile faded away when she noticed the tears filling those eyes.

"What's wrong?" Yelena asked her, desperate for an answer.

"Nothing's wrong, little one." her sister answered, before kissing her forehead, to which she closed her eyes.

She felt little hands pulling her hair, so she stared at her niece, who was clearly feeling a little left out by her mother and aunt.

"Not nice, malyshka." Yelena told her, trying to remove her little hands from her hair, only to get a pout from the little girl.

"Be nice to your aunt, baby girl." Natasha kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Sowry..." the three year old looked at Yelena.

"I can't be mad at you, can I?" She carefully took the toddler from Natasha's arms. "You're getting so big, huh?" she poked the little girl's side, getting her to giggle.

It had been long since the last time the three had been together, so she was trying really hard to remember everything. Yelena cuddled with her sister for as long as she could. She was only a little upset that she had to share Nat with the three year old toddler, even if the little girl was far more interested in being with her.

"She's asleep." Yelena whispered while staring at the sleeping child in her sister's arms. "What's going on?" she asked when Natasha just nodded. "Natasha—"

"I have to go on a mission." the redhead finally said. "I need you to take care of her."

"What? No, no, no..." she quickly shook her head. "I'm not good with kids, what do you expect me to do with a child?" she asked her, already panicking.