𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 | 𝑫𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂🩸🖤

Elena was sitting in Matt's truck with a big decision to make. Damon or Stefan? The question that had been on her mind more than anything else these days. The obvious answer would have to be Stefan. He's kind, he's honest, he loves her, he's perfect. But something had changed. Something felt wrong with him now and as much as she hated to admit it Damon definitely had something to do with it. No matter how hard she tried fight it he always ended up creeping into the back of her mind somehow in ways that weren't exactly innocent. Damon was a horrible person. He was selfish, he killed people with no remorse for no reason, he was a psychopath but he was also annoyingly charming. He got under Elena's skin and she thought she was probably one of the only people to see Damon soft side. He did care for her. He loved her and she knew it. 

"Have you made your decision yet?"

Elena snapped out of her revory when she heard Matt's words from the other side of the truck she ass currently sitting in. The real answer was no. She was conflicted. She knew what her heart wanted but she felt to guilty to say it out loud. Finally she took a deep breath and said.

"Yes, yes I have."

Damon was Pacing up and down the floor of the Salvatore boarding house. Elena was somewhere out there on her way to either him or Stefan. He didn't think he stood a chance. Stefan was everything he wasn't. Stefan was the good, selfless brother who everyone adored while he was the selfish, evil brother who didn't deserve love. How could Elena ever choose him? A tear trickled down Damon's face. Why was he even still standing at the door. It wasn't like Elena was gonna come bursting through it confessing her love for him. She was most likely on her way to dear Stefan. It was always gonna be Stefan. Not him. Never him. 

And that's when he heard it. The sound of a truck engine and heavy breathing coming from outside. No. There was no way. She wasn't here. She didn't choose him. She couldn't have. Damon ran outside. And sure enough there she was, Elena Gilbert. Standing there waiting for him, Damon Salvatore. He just stood there for a moment blinking furiously. Surely he was seeing things. But then she spoke.

"Hey."

Damon was in total shock. He took a moment to appreciate how truly beautiful she was. Long brown hair, brilliant big hazelnut doe eyes, infectious smile plastered on her face. Damon was now fighting tears.

"Y-you're here."

He chuckled.

"Yep I'm here. When I was making my decision I realized something. I love you Damon. Yeah you made some pretty bad choices but I believe that you have changed. It doesn't matter what you've done it's who you are now  that counts. It's you Damon, it's always been you. From the moment we met, you were a complete stranger who told me you wanted me to get everything I wanted in life. I love you, Damon Salvatore."

Damon was speechless. He was so overcome with emotion. All this time he'd thought his feelings were one sided but here she was telling him that she loved him. Just then I knew exactly what to say.

"I love you too, Elena Gilbert."

She ran forward into his waiting arms and smashed her lips onto his. And for once in both of there lives, everything was alright.

As long as they had each other everything would be alright.

I love them sm🥹❤️ 

I hope you enjoyed my first One-shot. Don't forget to vote if you liked it and comment any suggestions!

Bye:)