Deadly Lust

"Hey, Ophellia, wait up!" I heard my best friend, Nick Taylor, yelled down the hall. I tried to avoid everyone I knew, as if I couldn't hear them. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you." Next thing I knew I was held tightly in his big meaty arms. Nick has been my best friend since we were four years old. No one could really resist his cute baby face, his appealing smile and his deep dimples. His deep emerald green eyes were so mesmerizing. I didn't really feel like talking to him. I wish I could have been alone, somewhere I can think. 

"Hi Nick. Sorry I haven't been answering your calls. I've been sick... I think it's the flu or umm something." He knew I wasn't telling the truth. He gave me I-know-what-you're-trying-to-go-look. He just laughed and nodded his head. 

"Okay then, just make sure you don't get sick for our double date Saturday." He put air quotes around the word sick. 

"Oh shit, the double date. I totally forgot about that. Who am I going to bring?" 

He seemed upset but at the same time amused. "Maybe you should bring David" I chuckled & walked away. David was the "bad boy" of the school. We sort of have a "thing" with each other. "Whatever." I yelled back. 

As I walked into English and saw someone sitting in my seat. He was really cute; he had nicely toned muscles that I would think made all the girls drool over him. He wore a plain white button up with khakis and tan banana boat shoes. He had such a sophisticated sense of style for such a young guy. I didn't know what I was saying he was just so-hot!

"Who is that?" I asked Miss. Walker. Miss. Walker is a good looking teacher and all the male teachers drooled over her, even the students. Her short blonde hair made her tattoos show that was on her neck. She was the only teacher I can actually talk to besides my counselor.

"He's a new student. He transferred from Arkansas. He seems really nice Ophellia; maybe you should go talk to him." She said.

"Well, I have to now since he's in my assigned seat!" I raised my voice, but she didn't seem so thrilled with it but she giggled anyways. 

"HA HA, now go sit down. Good luck." She said with a wink. I just smiled and came up to him with confidence. 

"Excusez-moi, this is my sit." 

"I'm terribly sorry miss. I didn't mean to get in the way, Miss. Walker said this was a perfect sit for me." I turned around to see her wink and laugh. 

"It's fine. I'll just sit in the seat next to you then." I sat down staring at my red Giuseppe shoes.  

"Pardon me. I know this is a pretty random question but you speak French?" He smiled with delight. 

"Why yes I do. I am currently taking French. I want to go to France one day. It's such a big dream of mine." I started to babble a little. "I'm sorry. I'm embarrassed. I didn't really mean to say my life story." 

"No, it's fine. It tends to happen to me all the time." He grinned and stared into my eyes with his mesmerizing grey eyes. The aroma of his cologne made me want to be closer to him. I started to write in my journal. Then I noticed he slid a piece of paper near me. I opened it.

Hi, I'm Blake Thompson. I'm from Arkansas, it's nice to meet such a gorgeous girl like yourself.

I didn't know what to write back, who even writes notes anymore? But the fact that he did that made my stomach fill with "butterflies". I turned my head to see him staring at me then he smiled & looked down. I wrote back:

I'm Ophellia Robinson, and thank you. That is very sweet of you. :)

I passed the note back, not thinking of what I'm getting myself into. I began writing the notes on the board I missed. As soon as I was done he gave me the note back.

You have such a beautiful name! :) How about we both get to learning about Macbeth and you can just text me tonight. (501)-567-5568, I'll be looking forward to it.

He put the note onto my binder. I reluctantly picked it up not sure what I should do. I read what he wrote and smiled at it. I slowly looked at him and slipped the note into my pocket.