𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄| 𝟔

.

Song :Never Be Like You | Flume (feat

Song :Never Be Like You | Flume (feat. Kai)
𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐀 • 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐒𝐁𝐘

••••••••••••

When I got home from detention my parents had both gone off for work.

Removing my shoes and jacket I sprint into my room, desperate to lay down in my comfy bed.

Jumping onto the bed, face down into the pillows I feel a smile makes it way onto my face.

I roll over on my back and stare at the glowing stars scattered on my ceiling.

When I was younger I was afraid of the dark. It was like I was being sucked into a black hole and when I closed my eyes it only got darker, and deeper into the black hole.

My father and mother tried everything to get me to face the fear. Nothing worked. nightlights, lamps. There was always darkness somewhere. Even when I closed my eyes to sleep, or blink.

Until one night when I was curled up in bed, dry tears on cheeks and my legs pulled to my chest my older brother walked in.

He smiled sadly at me and sat at the edge of my bed and grabbed my shaky hand. Entrapping his with mine and rubbing his thumb on my wrist.

And when he spoke I felt the fear, and darkness slowly start to seep away into oblivion.

"D𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑥.𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝,𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑘. A𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒. I𝑛 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒,𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒."

Why should I be scared of something that's in me? In everyone.

There's no point of being afraid of myself for the rest of my life.

Rolling over onto my side I let my eyes drift close as they weigh down with exhaustion. Ever since I've been walking up early to go to these stupid fucking detentions I never feel awake let alone alive.

Just as I begin to fall asleep my phone buzzes multiple times. Groaning I pick up my phone and see who had been texting and calling.

𝗦𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵: 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗺𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹

Rolling my eyes I tap my thumbs urgently on my phone to let her know I'm not going. She couldn't even pay me.

𝗠𝗲: I 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀. 𝗧𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 :(