Moment of Truth (Rafayel/Reader)(Love&Deepspace)

Hello, first off I'll point out that english is not my first language so I apologise in advance for any mistakes. I haven't been playing "Love and Deepspace" for long and I'm not all that familiar with the lore - therefore I unknowingly might have made some mistakes or changes in the lore of the game. Also pls don't hate Rafayel for his behavior he's just a baby. Hahaha I'm joking. With that said I hope you enjoy this little one-shot and if there would be any request maybe I'll write more one-shots with Zayne and Xavier aswell.

Made this inspired by three songs, so I suggest listening to them while reading in the following order:
- "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" by Arctic Monkeys
- " Do I Wanna Know?" by Arctic Monkeys
- "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry

________________________________________________________________________________

It was another one of those days - you decided to drag Zayne out of his office so he could get some rest.
There was nothing romantic about this, contrary to how everyone thought.
You really were just childhood friends - he cared about you like for a sister and you cared for him like for a brother.
He would sit in his office for hours on days, without a proper rest or a meal.
It's only natural that you were worried, so an idea popped into your mind.
You decided to take out Zayne for dinner to your favorite cafe.
Everything was going smoothly.
Zayne, even though he was a bit grumpy because you forbid him from doing any work on his free day, was grateful to have someone that cared about his well being.
A comfortable atmosphere settled over you two, and you shared a simple chit-chat while enjoying the yummy food you ordered.
Unfortunately, your peace and quiet was cut short, interrupted by your phone ringing.
You didn't bother to get up, saying a quick "Sorry, I need to get this" to Zayne.
He nodded understandingly, and you finally picked up.

"Hello, what can I help you with?"

"You finally picked up, thank god."

You heard a sassy voice on the other side of the call.
You sighed, already annoyed by the individual.

"Rafayel, what is it?"

You shared a quick glance with Zayne, he only rolled his eyes at hearing who was your caller.

"You know what it is. Can you come over? I need you."

"I'm kind of in the middle of something."

You answered.

"And what's so important that you can't come meet me?"

He asked, though you couldn't tell if he was amused or annoyed.
Suddenly, a waiter came up to your table - asking if everything was alright.

"Everything is alright, thank you."

Zayne answered, and I shot a smile towards the waiter.

"Oh my god, you're with Zayne!"

Rafayel shouted with anger, making you move your phone away from your ear for a second.

"Yes, I am with him and what it is to you."

There was silence on the other line.
You moved your hand to cover your lips and exhaled heavily.
You whispered into the phone, the disappointment evident in your voice.

"Rafayel ... why'd you only call me when you're high?"

He huffed angrily into the phone.

"I AM NOT HIGH. You know what, never mind! Don't come, I'll manage."

"Rafayel, I didn't mean to upset you-"

Before you could say anything more, you heard a phone call ending sound.
You sighed and put your phone into your bag.