Incident #11, Tuesday, 12:26pm

After the bell rings you swiftly walk to the bathroom. You pretend you're fixing your makeup as kids file in and out. You glance at the clock, it's officially lunch now.

You start to wonder if Regina is going to show up when she appears in the doorway.

"You deleted the texts?" She asks, walking closer.

"Yes." You say pointedly.

"And you told her the deal?"

"Yes? You haven't talked to her?"

"No. I'm giving it a little time to air out, and since everyone believes I'm mad at her, I have a reason to not go to lunch at all." She smiles and brushes a piece of your hair from your forehead.

"So are we talking or no." You say, still irritated with her.

"It's your decision, we can have the time of our lives in the janitor's closet, or we can fight." She smiles smugly.

You frown at her. Of course, it would not be healthy for you to keep seeing her and keep pretending, but oh, how you want to. You can't though, because you felt something more, more than a fling, and you know she felt it too.

"We have to talk." You say softly. "We don't have to fight, I just want to know what you really truly want." You bring your hand up to her cheek and brush her cheekbone with your thumb.

"Ok. Whatever." She says reaching up and grabbing your hand. "We're skipping next hour, let's go." She pulls you out of the bathroom.

Once you get into her car she starts driving and doesn't stop until you're on a hill, not just a hill, a lookout.

"Is this where people come to have sex?" You ask. You remember hearing about her and Aaron here last year and your stomach turns sour.

"Yes, but apparently that's not what we're doing."

You nod. Best just to spit it out. "Why do you still want to date Aaron?"

"I don't know." She says immediately.

"Seriously Regina?"

"Yes." She looks at you. "Maybe it's because he's hot, maybe it's because I don't want anyone knowing anything about this, I have my reasons. All I know is that I can't let anyone else have him."

"That's insane!" You say sitting up. "He's not yours, and obviously he doesn't even really like you!"

"He's doing all of this because he likes me."

"You're telling me, Aaron, the guy that you have cheated on and has cheated on you, is hooking up with someone else... because he likes you."

"Yes."

"Regina, I-"

"You wouldn't understand!" She sits up in anger. "You don't know Aaron."

"I know Aaron. He's an idiot. He lives at 233 York Road, Evanston, Illinois. He plays football and soccer and he swims. He likes jam on his toast. And he hates his dad. Everyone knows everything about Aaron, and about you. But you're different. I thought I knew everything there was to know about you but- but then you kissed me!" You catch your breath for a moment and stare at Regina.

She sits and says nothing. You groan with anger and stumble out of her car, slamming the door as hard as you can on the way out. It's chilly, but it's not as bad as being stuck in a car with Regina at the moment.

You walk over to an old bench and sit, taking shallow breaths and trying to calm down. You're obviously not enough for her, she needs him. She's claimed him as hers and if she lets him go, that probably means everything she has is up for grabs.

You listen as she opens her car and climbs out. You continue to listen as she locks it on the way over to you and then sits down next to you.

You look over at her. She's quiet, and almost calm. She must be used to getting yelled at by her situation-ships. You follow her gaze and look out over Evanston. It's not the prettiest place, it's not the ugliest either.

"I'm sorry." She whispers almost inaudibly. "I wish that I could let him go. But I just can't."

You look over at her and feel your eyes prick with tears. "I know."

"Him and me, it's only ever been for show Y/N. But- I don't know, whatever I feel when I'm with you, it feels real."

You nod your head and turn back to the view. "You're so confusing." You say.

"I know." She says, like she's proud of it.

"I wish you weren't. This would be so much easier if you were like Aaron."

"Boys are always easier. But they're less interesting." She looks over at you and you look over at her.

"I wouldn't know. I've only ever been with you." You say.

"Well, then I can guarantee whoever you're with after this will be less interesting."

You stare at her face. God, she's so pretty. "I don't want this to end." You confess.

"Me either." She slides closer to you.

"But you won't give him up." You say.

"I can't. But I swear, we won't do anything."

You look at her and glance down at her lips. Oh how you want to grab her and kiss her. Nothing else matters. "Fine. As long as it doesn't affect anything about this."

"It won't, I swear." She looks over at you. "And I promise, I want this just as much as you do."

You don't know if she's lying but you don't care. She's Regina George, and you're... you're just you. It makes you feel good that she wants you, even if it is just in secret. And that's all that matters, really. Regina wants you and you definitely want her.