1-Empathy

It was a dark and stormy night at the convenience store, a ware wolf hunter at his day off was just buying daily items to use. Such as cereal, milk, some fruits, and soap. As he shopped peacefully, he noticed a woman with a black hoodie and long jeans shopping as well, and she seemed troubled. So he came towards her to see if he could help.

         The woman turned to him, clearly startled at being approached. Her grey wolf-like eyes narrowed, and she clutched a bottle of shampoo tightly in one hand. "I'm just shopping, I don't need any assistance." she spoke in a defensive manner.

         "well you didn't have to say it like that..." he mumbled to himself, feeling quite annoyed as he just wanted to help.

         The woman let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm sorry, it's just that the last time a man approached me at a store, he was trying to hit on me. So I just assumed that's what you were doing."

         She looked up at him, noticing that he seemed to be around her age. She also noticed that the hunter's eyes were a striking shade of green and he was quite attractive in a rough and rugged sort of way.

         "It's quite alright." He said as she explained, "If you need help. Please, don't hesitate to ask." He spoke in a heroic manner.

         "Thanks," the woman said, her guard lowering slightly as she noticed the hunter's kind demeanor. "Actually, I could use some help. I can't find the shampoo I usually use and I have no idea which one would work best instead. And I don't want to get the wrong one."

         "Oh? well then, I'd be happy to help. What kind of shampoo do you use?" he asked, the woman glanced down at the shampoo brand in her hand and gave the hunter a small smile. "I use this brand, it's called 'Silk and Silver' and it's specifically made for my kind of hair. But they don't have the one I usually use, and now I don't know what to get instead."

         "wait... did you say 'Silk and Silver'? but... isn't that for dog fur?" he asked, suspicious of the woman's shampoo.

        The woman froze for a moment, realizing she'd just accidentally revealed her true identity to the hunter. Her eyes widened with panic as she quickly responded. "W-what? No...no of course not. It's for humans..."

         The woman attempted to shift her eyes away from the hunter, hoping he didn't notice her guilty expression. The hunter noticed her body language and noticed a suspicious glimmer of white in her eyes. They seemed to look almost canine in nature.

         "Are you sure?" He asked, noticing something is off.

         The woman's heart skipped a beat as the hunter seemed to be onto her. She quickly looked around, hoping to distract him from the fact that she definitely had canine eyes. "Y-yes, of course...I promise," she spoke in a shaky voice.

         The hunter raised an eyebrow in suspicion as he stared at the woman. Her responses were suspicious, and her eyes definitely looked like those of a wolf or a dog. Her mannerisms did not fit those of a normal human either. He was almost certain that she was not a human at all, but a wolf-like creature.

         "Right... well, I'm sorry but I must leave. Work purposes." He explained as he left the convenience store.

         The woman watched the hunter walk away, biting her lip in frustration. "Damn it..." She muttered under her breath. "That didn't go how I wanted it to..."

         Suddenly, her phone started buzzing. It was her mother. The woman reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. As she answered the call, she had no idea that it would be the start of a life-changing event.