chapter 6

IZZY POV

-----------------------------------------------

I decide to go back to the camping spot. it feels like I'm missing something. I thought at first it was Adam. but then Lisa got arrested and now I think it's deeper than Adam. I loved Liam. we were planning a future together. he was gonna break it off with Lisa so we could be together. I know it was wrong. and now he's gone.

I'm walking through the woods and I find the spot where it happened. I look down and see a necklace. I hear something behind me so I turn around. I'm sure I heard something. maybe I'm imagining it. I turn back around and pick up the necklace and put it in my pocket. I look around one last time and then I decide to leave. I get home and put the necklace on my dresser. I gasp when I realize it's Izzy's necklace. the one she said she lost during the camping trip.

my thoughts are racing. the theory's are spinning. I don't think this is enough to take to the police so I decide to go over to Lisa's house. I go downstairs and grab a snack before heading over to her house. once I get there I knock on the door. Lisa opens the door. she looks so lost.

"Lisa? are you ok? is something wrong?" she gestures me inside. we go up to her room and I sit on her bed while she paces back and forth.

"Izzy. I just found out Liam was talking to someone else. he was cheating on me." my heart drops. how did she find out? does she know it's me?

"omg what! do you know who it was?" I'm hoping she hasn't figured out it was me.

"I think so. there was this girl. her name was Amanda. his ex. I don't know what happened between them. I was going to go talk to her and see what I can get out of her."

"Lisa do you think that's a good idea?"

"idk izzy I have to figure out the truth."

"well let me know what happens." I leave her house and I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. she's my Best friend. why'd I have to get involved with Liam." I remember i have to get something from the store so I head there. I get a call from Adam. why is Adam calling me?

"IZZY WHERE ARE YOU?" he sounds scared.

"I'm heading to the store why?"

"I found out something about Liam's murder." I gasp.

-----------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE
What does Adam know? does he know who the killer is? could the killer finally be revealed?
🩵🩷