Chapter I

June 23, 2000 

10am

"Hello Andrea." Mark hugged Andrea while Stephen got out of the car running into the house, passing through his dad.

"Hello Ms. Swift, Goodbye Ms. Swift." The boy said running into the stairs, going to Taylor's room.

"Yesterday he fell and cut himself on the arm, bet 5 bucks on how he's going to come down complaining about it." The next thing they saw was Stephen telling Taylor how he could have lost his arm.

"I'm so sorry for you." Taylor kissed Stephen arm."Good Morning Mr. L/N."

"Good Morning Taylor." Taylor took Stephen to the living room. "What time do I come to pick him up?"

"6pm. Do you want to stay for lunch?"

"No, I already have plans. Where 's Scott?"

"He's sleeping, I'll tell him you passed by."

"Okay, thanks. I'll be here at 6pm. Bye Stephen, bye Taylor."He said looking inside, waiting for an answer.

"You know what they're like when they're together. Like the whole world doesn't exist."

"Goodbye Andrea, see you later." He left the house, heading to the car.

"Bye Mark."

6pm

Stephen, Taylor and Austin were playing in the garden of Taylor's house, while Andrea and Scott were talking, suddenly Andrea phone's started ringing.

"Hello?" She asked, Scott could barely hear the talk. "Yes, this is it, who am I talking with?" She asked with a worried voice. "Yes he's with us. Okay, we'll be there in 10 minutes".

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"Mark had a car crash, he's in the hospital."She said, picking up her purse while Scott grabbed his car keys and his jacket.

(...)

"Where are we going?"Taylor asked, grabbing Stephen's hand.

"I'll explain when we arrive."Andrea said nervously.

(...)

When they arrived at the hospital Stephen was surprised by his aunt.

"Auntttttt." He hugged his aunt.

"Hey Stephen, look at you, you're so big!" She said, tickling him.

"Look at those muscles, I bet you're full of girlfriends."

"Aunty stop, it tickles." He turned back, feeling Taylor pulling him.

"Who is this beautiful girl? Your girlfriend?" Both of them looked down, blushing.

"Aunt this is Taylor, my best friend, Taylor this is my aunt, Emily."

"Nice to meet you Ms. L/N." Taylor said, holding out her hand to Emily.

"Call me Emily, please." She hugged Taylor.

"Hey Emily." Andrea said, hugging her.

"Hi Andrea how have you been?" She hugged Andrea back. "Can you tell Stephen about what happened? I don't think I could do it."She whispered in her ear.

"Yeah of course" She rubbed her hands down her back. "Stephen, can I have a moment with you?"

"Sure" Andrea took him outside, while Taylor and Emily went to meet Austin and Scott in the waiting room.

"Look Stephen, you know the things are very complicated with your father.'' Andrea took a deep breath. "Mark had a car accident, he was driving very drunk, and hit a tree, he's in surgery now."