Prologue

Mary stood at the door of the dormitory, just watching the strange but cute sight in front of her. Even Finn froze in fright. Not because there was a girl in the boys' dorm, but because of what his roommate was doing.

'It was just supposed to be a small visit, so why...'

Mash was kneeling in front of Mary and he was wearing his workout clothes, probably from having gone out to work out and just got back. But the most bizarre thing about the situation was the small box with a golden ring held out to the girl.

''Mash... why...'' At this point, Mary's cute face was red as a cherry due to nervousness, which increased the longer it dawned on her that she wasn't dreaming.

''Marry me.'' Was the only thing Mash decided to say. Finn was already wondering how far his life had come for him to be witnessing a marriage proposal. In the first week of class!

Mash's eyes lit up when he saw his dear Mary stutter.  He had every hope that the words that would come out of those pink lips would be the 'Yes' he had been waiting for...

''You big head!!''

Eh...

Mary's hands went to pinch his cheeks. Mash remained kneeling as his girl was very short and would end up hanging if he stood up. He couldn't risk hurting her unintentionally.

''What are you thinking?! We are too young to even think about marriage! Do not play with that!''

Finn decided to remain quiet in the corner as he watched his only friend argue with his only friend.  Anyone passing by would think it was just a normal young couple's fight, but he knew better than...

''I'm not kidding, Mary. I love you!''

Mary stopped her pinching, touched by the sudden declaration. Her first one! However, she patted her cheeks to get back into focus.

''Mash! We've barely known each other for a week! Relationships don't work like that! Especially when it comes to marriage!

...As would be said before, Mash is the model for a perfect boyfriend. However, he is too airheaded to understand many aspects. He had never been in a relationship, so he didn't know how to start one.  All he had in mind was the advice Pops gave him a few months ago.

'If you are deeply in love with a girl, you can marry her.'

It seems like he forgot the part where you should start dating first...

''Guys! We're going to be late for class!'' Finn finally decided to say something he's good for, but did nothing to separate the 'unofficial couple' from their little argument...

''Finn is right! Now put away that ring!''

''Shall we talk about this later?''

''Yes... I MEAN... NO!''

Let's just say it took a while to...

''Put on your uniform, Mash!''

LET ME FINISH!!