'maybe on a sunday ?' - prologue

( ; an ACROSS-THE-SPIDER-VERSE oc fanfic )

( : disclaimer !! ⚠️ the movie scenes or characters will not be mentioned in this chapter, and possibly not in the next. this is a focus on ruru, and how the kids wish gets 'granted' despite not being the city's hero themself !! )

( : disclaimer !! ⚠️ the characters appearance will not be mentioned until necessary, so until then you are free to imagine them however you wish !! {and even then you can imagine them the same} )

S{🪷} —✦❁ prologue ˚ ⋆୨୧˚

— ‎˗ˏˋ RURU 'ˎ˗ —

" ITS 7:32 ALREADY !?! "

the young girl exclaimed, disrupting all noise in her loud house, as the troublemakers making the noise kept on yelling and being an annoyance shortly after. " is everything alright, ruru? " her father called in lai hloh, his voice soothing despite being tired from cleaning up after the twins and the baby. " uhm . . ya, pa. sorry ! " ruru quietly said, her voice shrinking. she let her cat crawl down her back and walk away from the twins' dog, she kicked on her shoes and dashed out the door. she slowly stepped backwards into the house, then proceeded to yell out the usual saying she tells her father, " I love you, stay safe, bye bye !! " and left before her father could say the same.

it was no surprise it was a rainy day . . she heard the broadcast on the old radio she kept as a souvenir in her room when she went digging in the trash. the worst thing is, the grey shirt hand-me-down from her papa didn't have a hood, as expected from shirts. so the only thing she could do was stand there under the roof before leaving while she got her books out to protect her from the rain. she zipped up her backpack, put it around the shoulder, and took the books above her head as she walked out of the houses safety fully. despite the fact she keeps getting wet and she's shivering, it WAS a pretty morning— she had to admit. hopefully her classmates won't make fun of her being 'soaking' wet when she gets to class.

she let out an exasperated sigh, annoyed. aiden would never let her live this down ! maybe she could get aurielle to gang up on him with her if that happens — though she doubts it, she's all 'anti-mean'.

˗ˏˋ TIME SKIP : 7:56 AM'ˎ˗ ———————————

" you're late. ". her teachers voice boomed, the ten year old didn't understand why her teacher was so mad. class haven't even started yet ! with all eyes on her, she shamefully walked to her seat— then all the chattering came back. this class reminded her of home— except her house was better. and fun. and no unwanted learning.