𝟑 : 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

"Light em up!" Alby yelled

"Light em up!" Alby yelled. As scout threw hers in to light up the fire.

a good 15 minutes later everyone had settled down to talk to their friends , eating and having a good time in general.

Scout was sat next to Minho sharing a plate of meat. "I've got a feeling he's gonna be very curious." Scout spoke up from the comforting silence.

"Maybe." Minho started. "He seems like different." Minho finished.

Scout had spotted Newt and the new boy pointing at Minho.

Scout had patted Minhos leg and said she would see him later.

"Hey boys." Scout said sitting next to Newt. "Oh hey Scootie." Newt said. Thomas just looked at the girl weirdly.

"What ?" Scout asked chuckling at the boys looks.

"It's just weird knowing you're the only girl. Do you ever feel weird or uncomfortable?" the confused boy asked.

Scout glanced at Newt and gave the 2 boys a soft smile.

"Well i like being the only girl sometimes but i do get lonely. It's not uncomfortable, really it's just these ugly shanks can be very annoying sometimes." She smiled to herself.

Thomas nodded taking her words in.

"Well i'm gonna go get an apple.

                                    ✍︎︎

Scout finished her apple as she talked to Ben.

"Get chosen by who?" She heard the boy said as Gally unintentionally bumped into him.

"What do you say greenie. Wanna see what your made of?"

Everybody has started chanting greenie.

Gally only explained the rules, as he suddenly pushed the boy. "Get up boy" said a glader. The new boy had sand in his face.

"Stop calling me greenie."

"Stop callin you that? What do you wanna be called , Shank?" Gally finished as a few boys slightly chanted shank.

Gally again pushed the boy into the sand as the new boy has knocked him over putting everyone into a big shock.

Nobody had rarely ever beat Gally.

Gally was quick tho. He swung his foot under the boys and knocked him over very hard into the sand.

"Thomas"

"Thomas"

"Hey! Thomas!"

"Thomas! I remember my name. I'm Thomas!"

..

"THOMAS!!!!"

yelled every glader except Scout. She liked seeing the boys happy. She knew it would eventually end.

"Welcome home Thomas's." Said frypan in. Low soothing voice. Patting his back.

                                     ✍︎︎

"Has anyone tried climbing all the up to the top?"

"Tried it. The Ivy doesn't go all the way to the top. Besides where you gonna after that?" Replied Newt.

"What about the box? Next time it comes up you just-

"No we tried it. Box won't go back down with someone in it."

"Well what if we-

"No we tried it twice. Anything that you can think of we've already tried it.Only way out here is through the maze." Replied an annoyed Newt.

"Look you wanna be helpful, go dig us up some more fertilizer." Replied an annoyed Scout.

"That was so annoying." Said Scout. Annoyed already with Thomas.

"Mhm." Replied Zart.

"Hey! HELP!" Scout heard coming from the deadheads.

She was quick to grab her shovel and run towards the sound of the source as Thomas came running towards them.

Every glader reacted to the sound and ran towards the sound.

Ben had tried to get on top of Thomas and try and choke him. Scout was quick and hesitant to hit Ben in the head with her shovel.

"Hold him down!" Alby ordered as Scout held down his arm.

"No , No. I didn't mean it! Please no!" Ben pleaded.

"Lift his shirt."

A blue open wound with purple veins everywhere was revealed under Ben's shirt.

"Get him to the slammer." Gally ordered as some boys picked him up and took him to the slammer.

                                       ✍︎︎

Minho was back and it was decided Scout would be the one to tell him. He had to banish his own best friend.

Minho dragged Ben from the slammer tied up. Ben was surrounded with poles at every angle no way out.

"Poles!" Alby yelled.

All keepers dropped down their poles as Ben could only plead for his life.

"No! Please!"

The maze doors started shutting.

"Please! Minho! No!"

"Listen to me!" He yelled.

"Push him in!" Alby yielded.

Scout couldn't bare pushing Ben in with her own pole.

The doors shut for the night.

Chuck had walked away. Poor boy. He was so young and living in a place no one should.

                                    ✍︎︎

Scout was in the infirmary. She didn't really have a job. She was a track-ho and she was also a med-jack. She did both. She liked pulling weeds more thought.

Later that night Minho and Scout walked hand in hand to their cabin.

(i do not know what there called i'm sorry)

"Are you okay?" Scout said barely a whisper.

"Yea, Why?" Minho replied softly.

"I don't know , I mean never mind." Scout replied. Not even knowing what she was gonna say.

As the two arrived at their cabin they went there separate ways.

Scout had untied her shoes and took off her jacket.

Minho had went to wash his face because he was sweaty.

Scout lied in bed on her side facing the wall as she felt a figure get in the bed.

"Night." Minho said kissing her cheek and turned around.

"Night." Scout replied barely a whisper but enough for Minho to catch it.

➜ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧😭.