2'

I come back after a long day; the same spot I saw him last. I couldn't erase his image from my mind. His eyes locked with full lips moving to the words on the page. Captured in a world unseen to anyone but him
Beautifully focused.

I follow my regular route to our neighborhood park, my favorite blue bag in tow. Filled with  colored pens and pencils, lipglosses, tissues, hair-ties, change, treats and water, and of course my trusted journal.

I'm often inspired by the world around me.
Creating stories  and entirely new worlds from what I observe around me.
Sometimes I take a flower, a leaf or two and smush them between the pages.
In commemoration of the day.

As I approach my regular benched spot, a slightly hidden area placed behind an old oak tree. A dirt path not far off from the concrete trail of the park. I see a figure sitting there, sporting a book and a bag placed beside him.

His style is put together. A perfectly curated outfit. Soft blues, chocolatey browns and forest greens
Beautifully blended.

Almost as if the earth itself became a man
"Mr. nature" I call him in my head
He turns to me as if hearing my thoughts, I gush and his smile invites me in.
I learn that he speaks french.
His mother taught him when he was young and they'd tease his dad.
I learn that he's new to the area.
Seeking a fresh start on his own, a bird leaving its nest.
I learn that he likes tea and he enjoys sweets. He always accepts when offered.
His favorite high school teacher convinced him to study agricultural science.
We talk endlessly.
Words turn into
Sentences, turn into Paragraphs, turn into Books, turn into Libraries-
of personal history shared between two individuals.
And as the sun begins to fade and stars take over the sky,
I'm back where I started.
This time with a not so stranger and suddenly I don't feel so alone anymore.