Chapter 1

SCENE 1:

It's been years since Killua last saw Gon, or Leorio, or Kurapika. Every time he thinks of them he just starts crying, remembering all of the great things they did together. Recently, things have been tough cause he's been taking care of his sibling, Alluka. Gon, on the other hand, has been extremely happy to be living with his dad again, and even though he gets upset when he thinks of Killua and the others, he convinces himself that they were just meant to be friends, and that he always knew it wouldn't last forever, even though he wished it could.

They're both 19 now, and they have jobs. They're grown. Sometimes Gon thinks of what could've happened if they did stay together, while Killua just tries to hide that he wished they would've stayed together from Alluka. Gon just got home from work, and he looked at his phone.

A text? From an unknown number...

He sighs and clicks on it. It doesn't say anything special, just the usual spam message. It reads: "Hey. I wanted to reach out to you." Gon ignores it, even though his hopes are up that it is someone he used to know, before they all separated and went their own ways. He tried to calm himself down and convince himself it was nothing. Ging walks into the room and immediately notices how lost in thought Gon is.

"What's wrong kiddo? Is it cause I told you you need to move out soon?" He chuckles, before walking over to the kitchen and opening the fridge. He's covered in dirt and dust, and it's obvious by the way he smells.

"No, it's nothing" Gon moves his hand to the back of his neck, smiling. He puts his phone in his pocket and sighs. "I'll be upstairs if you need me." He heads towards the stairs and smiles as his dad struggles to open a jar of peanut butter.

As soon as he gets upstairs he crashes down onto his bed, groaning tiredly. He looks at the message again, thinking if he should respond. After about 15 minutes he starts typing with shaky, hopeful hands. The message reads: "Hey, thanks for reaching out." He sends the message and his heart starts racing, his mind thinking of every possible reply that could be sent. Soon, the number starts typing. Gon gets even more excited and anxious, as he finally gets a reply. It reads: "Wanna hang out sometime?". Gon looks disappointed and confused. He still doesn't know who this person is, so why would they ask to hang out?

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but who's this?" He replies.

On the other end, Killua looks hurt by Gon's reply. He tries to get it together and tells himself that it's just because of the phone number, and that there is no way Gon didn't want to hang out. He slowly types: "Gon, it's Killua".

Gon freezes, his hopes just shot up again. He has always wanted to see Killua again, and tell him about everything that happened after they left each other, and how sad he was when they said goodbye. He starts tearing up just at the thought of being able to see Killua, or even hear Killua's voice again. Gon pauses, thinking about what he should text next. The light coming off of his phone is making all the words and letters on the screen blurry, because his eyes are filled with tears. As a tear runs down his face he sends the message.

"Killua? Is this really Killua?"

"Yes." Killua replies.

Gon immediately calls the number. He's about to jump out of his bed and run everywhere on Whale Island to find Killua. The phone rings for a few seconds, before he hears Killua's voice.

"Gon?"

SCENE 2:

Gon falls silent. He's shocked. How did Killua find him? How did he get his number? Gon's head starts spinning, begging to hear more of Killua's soft voice.

"K- Killua" Gon replies shakily. It's obvious how nervous he is just by his voice. He moves the phone away from his face and then he sighs. He starts breathing deeply, in and out, in and out. Slowly he brings the phone back to his ear.