"Lan Zhan, I didn't know, I'm sorry" Wei Ying Whispered tears in his eyes.

"MISUNDERSTANDING", Xichen said looking at Wei Wuxian. Wei Ying looked at Xichen and said "Zewu Jun, I truly lost him didn't I, I didn't know, can someone explain to me what he meant by ' he'll also leave a few hours after my demise', what connection is he talking about?", Wei Ying said sliding down the bed and lying on the cold floor.

PITY, that if what Xichen felt for Wei Wuxian.

"Young master Wei, do you know what soul bonds are?", Xichen asked already knowing the answer to that question.

"No", Wei Wuxian answered honestly, "there were certain things I was never taught growing up and I was never allowed in the Jiang sect Library".

"Well young master Wei, the bunny on your wrist is called a soul mark, it appears for the first time when you are near your soulmate. Do you remember the first time it appeared??", Xichen asked while explaining.

*Flashback*

It was the day guest disciples were coming to Gusu for their studies, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji were standing at the gate welcoming the guests. The moment Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were close to each other, pain erupted on their wrists, they both flinched but Wei Wuxian was a little more dramatic, "Ouch" he said, Both Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli looked at him with concerned eyes, Lan Xichen on the other hand asked his brother if he's okay and he said yes.

They both looked at their wrists and saw bunnies, white on Wei Wuxian's wrist and black on Lan Wangji's wrist. Xichen's eyes widened at the revelation and he smiled teasingly, Wei Wuxian on the other hand was oblivious to everything and he complained " Cheng Cheng, you were supposed to take care of me when I'm drunk, now look someone played a prank on me and tattooed a bunny of my wrist, why is it white though, I only wear black, Cheng Cheng look it's even painful, Shijie Xian Xian is in a lot of pain."

Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng sighed knowing that their brother is an oblivious fool, Xichen looked at Wei Wuxian and asked for his name, the moment he asked that Wei Wuxian raised his head, looked at Lan Wangji and froze there, eyes connected to Lan Wangji's. He stepped forward unknowingly and put both his hands on Lan Wangji's chest, Lan Wangji held him close, their wrists with the Soul mark started to glow.

Xichen, Jiang Cheng, Jiang Yanli and Lan Qiren were amazed at the sight, Qiren nearly went into Qi deviation when he realized that Wei Wuxian, the mischievous trouble maker known by the entire cultivation world is his priced nephew's soulmate.

Jiang Cheng was sure that the heavens were trying to punish Wei Wuxian for his mischievous nature. Jiang Yanli was beyond excited. As much as Xichen wanted to continue looking at the scene before him, he had to deal with the looks of the disciples behind them. He coughed a little and said "young master, I asked for your name?"

Wei Wuxian still lost in Wangji's eyes said " Wei Ying , how about you", he asked Lan Wangji, "Lan Zhan", Lan Wangji said still dazed.

Xichen nearly fainted when he heard Wangji granting someone permission to call him by his birth name. He smiled, looked at the jiang siblings and asked for his courtesy name, " Wei Wuxian", Jiang Yanli said.

"Young master Wei", Xichen said calling a little louder. Both Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian broke out of their stupor and their eyes widened at their closeness, they both separated and Wei Wuxian let out an awkward laugh while Wangji remained aloof.

"He bowed to both of them "Sect leader Lan, Lan Zhan", he said not realizing what he just called the second young master of Gusu. Lan Wangji smiled a little but no one noticed but his brother. He was both shocked and happy. He swore to himself to always keep that smile on his face

From that moment onwards Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were seen almost everywhere together.

*Flashback ends*

"I first saw it on my first day in Gusu" Wei Wuxian said. " And do you remember the position you and Wangji were in?", Xichen asked teasingly. Wei Wuxian blushed a little remembering the way Lan Zhan held him, he nodded a little feeling embarrassed. Xichen chucked and continued " You felt a pull towards Wangji that is why you never wanted to be away from him". " It is rare for one to find their soulmates especially in the cultivation world, not only are you and Wangji soulmates but you are soul bonds".

"What is the difference between the two", Wei Wuxian asked. "A soul mark just shows that you guys are destined for each other but a soul bond connects soulmates physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. For the bond to be complete it requires the both of you to dual cultivate". Wei Wuxian shot up after hearing the last sentence, "why dual cultivation?". Xichen chuckled a little and continued " Young master Wei, let me first explain and I'll answer your questions later". Wei Wuxian nodded and listened.

"At the moment you and Wangji are connected physically and spiritually, it means that if you die, Wangji will also follow. Dual cultivation helps connect your emotions together, that way you can understand each other better, it might even help clear a lot of misunderstandings in the future."

"Young master Wei, I know Wangji is a man of a few words but believe me when I say that he loves you, he didn't mean the words he said, you disappeared for three months, and during those months he grew weak and he felt his powers getting drained, uncle said that Wangji's spiritual energy is getting drained out of his body by his soulmate, meaning that he was getting drained by you, his soul mark was glowing and beginning to fade, you were dying and if you didn't heal or find some way to get back up he would've died."

"Young master Wei, despite Wangji's weak state he still went out to look for you, he searched high and low for you, he slept less, he ate less, he was forced to take rest to at least gain enough strength so his spiritual energy doesn't deplete. He was tortured every night by pain he knew was never his and yet he took it. The healers wanted him to lock his spiritual energy but he denied it and said that he couldn't afford to not know if you are okay or not".

"Now you tell me Childe Wei, After learning everything, what are you going to do?"

"I AM GOING TO GIVE LAN ZHAN THE LOVE HE DESERVES"
"I AM GOING TO FIGHT FOR MY SOULMATE "